Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a newbie looking for some clarification

scenario A

I move my elephant one space forward so that it then has an opponent's rabbit directly in front of it, a cat to the right and a horse to the left. Does it freeze all three opponent pieces?

Scenario B

The elephant is sitting with an opponent's rabbit in front of it and a cat behind. Can I push the rabbit forward, follow it, and pull the cat up behind me, using three movement of course?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Goldstein
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario A: Opponent pieces are not frozen if they have allies next to them...from the rules "However if there is a friendly piece next to it the piece is unfrozen and is free to move."

Scenario B: This is directly from the rules: "However when your stronger piece is completing a push it cannot pull an opponent's weaker piece along with it."

The rules may be found here...http://arimaa.com/arimaa/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

However I thought an ally had to be orthogonally adjacent to a piece to unfreeze it, not diagonally as would be the case in the scenario. That is why I asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Juhnke
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in Scenario A all three opposing pieces are frozen by the elephant. The opposing pieces' diagonal adjacency to each other does not unfreeze them. However, further opposing pieces that you haven't mentioned could unfreeze the three mentioned pieces, which I think was Barry's point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Goldstein
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. You are correct. I didn't read your question thoroughly.
Everything is orthogonal. The pieces are all frozen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.