1 Posts

Bismarck» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Rinehart
United States
flag msg tools
I played this game against Hank Burkhalter at War Room in Atlanta, GA about 3-4 months ago. I'm not real sure of the actual date. The actual details of the campaign are fuzzy at best. I guess that is due to the combat fatigue

After a pre-game roll of the dice it was determined that I would take command of the mighty Bismarck and Hank would chase with the Royal Navy. We spent a good part of an hour setting up and hashing out exactly what rules we wanted to use. We used a mish mash of Basic and Intermediate rules and stuck with the major players for historical accuracy. Now, I can only speak for the German movement from here out.

We started the game on Turn 4

Turn 4: The Bismarck and Eugen break out using a 4 point bonus heading towards the map edge and land in space C15.

Turn 5: My task force still moves northward this time to space A13. My intent is to hang out and see what the search patterns are while I refuel along the northern map edge. There is fog in Bergen so the Brits can't search there. I've been shadowed!

Turn 6: My task force is spotted in B12 by a Bomber and attempts to do damage to no avail. The Brits know where I am.

Turn 7: I am slowly making my way back south. I say slowly, I'm using my maximum movement allowance to try to break through the British gauntlet. I end my movement in D14.

Turn 8: I move into F14 barley avoiding several successful searches. At this point I am planning to head toward the convoy routes and head south east toward France.

Turn9: At this point I split the Eugen and the Bismarck. The Bismarck is now heading towards a French port and the Eugen intends to loiter around the convoy routes looking for some cheap kills. It seemed there was only one number Hank could roll that would not result in the Bismarck revealing its position and he rolled it! I fear that would have been the end of her. Hank had several heavys ready to pounce.

Turn 10: The Eugen moves to H12 and the Bismarck steams to J15.

Turn 11: I seem to have the Brits thoroughly confused at this point. The searches seem to be trailing off in another direction. The Eugen is still around the convoy routes and the Bismarck is still steaming towards France.

Turn 12: Hank has seem to have lost all track of his ships! He graciously concedes the game at this point.

I believe Hank was having trouble keeping up with his ships' fuels expenditure. He thinks the hit records should be in aphabetical order. Probably not a bad idea considering the number of British ships you have to keep up with.

All in all, a good time was had by all. We're planning on meeting another time for a re-match. I'll be sure to post that one sooner so I remember more details.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.