Subject: Plays/Scores Record keeping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
From the first game of RftG, I've had a very set way of keeping track of scores. This makes it fun to look at my old scores for games.

example:
Erik 16+0+7=23
Mike K 8+7+6+6=27
Trevor 15+6+4+6=31
Jason 16+14+0=30

The first number is how much the cards in play were worth, not counting 6 developments, second number is the victory point chips, and 3+ numbers are the 6 developments. So in the above game we can see that Erik didn't consume any cards for points, Mike and Trevor both had two 6s and I had none.

After July 30th, I've been keeping track of what card a player started with as well. (Yes, I'm now feeling an urge to go find my old score sheets and update the info on the geek.)

Does anyone else record things to this detail or more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.T. Sloan
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

No I don't.

And by the way, you should seek help.

Immediatly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But, I'm already writing down scores to make the addition easier, error free and check-able, so inputting them into the geek seems like the next logical step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not in an organized way, but I keep a notepad, and we have a matrix:

....Player1.....Player2.....Player3.....Player4
VP
()
?

VP is chips
() is actually a 'crossed Zero' symbol which means 'intrinsic value' - not sure I remember the origin of that, but it's what I do. Probably was meant as 'world' versus a diamond for 'development', but we combine those into 'intrinsic (printed) value' now.
? is each 6/? by itself

We sometimes note startworld, I rarely note what the 6/?s are.

If I had more energy, I might make a scoresheet to keep in the box that keeps all of that information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
After July 30th, I've been keeping track of what card a player started with as well. (Yes, I'm now feeling an urge to go find my old score sheets and update the info on the geek.)

Does anyone else record things to this detail or more?
For the most part, NO. If we're playing many games in sucssession, or going to start a new game soon, then we just count 'em up aloud or in our heads. When playing with newbies/beginners, we may break it down piecemeal like you do.....

pts at face value
VP chips
6 cost dev cards, of which each 6 cost dev card may get its own number/figure

Just like doing the Trade/Consume action step-by-step so that anybody still confused about it can see it "in slow motion", this would allow newbies to know how the final scores were derived.

sloan66 wrote:
No.

No I don't.

And by the way, you should seek help.

Immediatly.
I would agree there, except...
1) given the volume of discussions on strategy we have here for this game, these statistics can come in VERY MUCH handy use.
2) he sure as hell ain't alone. Not on BGG. If people custom paint miniatures, use dice tower/trays (let alone build them), and make VERY DETAILED (perhaps even overkill) strategy guides on games

.... then there ain't nothing wrong with keeping detailed RftG stats. I will admit, I'm kinda interested in them myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're just mini session reports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jernej Golja
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course we do. It's always nice to look back to statistics and games we played.

One thing that I regret is not writing down the games we played years ago. Records are very precious data.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hurst
United States
Plain City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wife and I have played over 200 games of two player and I wish that we had kept track of our scores.

We're now trying to play several series of games with each player getting to try each starting world against every other starting world. A set of 100 games will allow each matchup to be played five times by each player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Not in an organized way, but I keep a notepad, and we have a matrix:
....Player1.....Player2.....Player3.....Player4
VP
()
?

VP is chips
() is actually a 'crossed Zero' symbol which means 'intrinsic value' - not sure I remember the origin of that, but it's what I do. Probably was meant as 'world' versus a diamond for 'development', but we combine those into 'intrinsic (printed) value' now.
? is each 6/? by itself

I rarely note what the 6/?s are.

If I had more energy, I might make a scoresheet to keep in the box that keeps all of that information.

We have made such a scoresheet and kept a record of all our games. Similar to the above (based on the one from San Juan); we record VP obtained from developments, separate from those from worlds. We always record each 6/? in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.