Subject: Fish traps, sawmills and mines: position relevant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro
Portugal
Lisbon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a fish trap, a sawmill, or a mine's built, is it built on the tile, or on the intersection? What I mean is, can I use a mine that's built on a mountain if I'm positioned in any of the four vertexes?

And suppose that I build a sawmill on the intersection of 4 forest tiles. Can I only use it only if I'm positioned on that specific intersection, or any of the forest tile's vertexes will do?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LotB 2002
Netherlands
Utrecht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Pedro,

Mines are built on the tile, and sawmills and fishtraps are both built at intersections.

This means that a mine can be used when you are positioned in any of the for vertexes.

Mills and traps on the other hand can only be used at the intersection they are placed at. And the mill only gives you 1 extra wood, no matter how many forrests surrounds the mill.

In one tturn you can get a maximum of three wood,
one basic one from the forrest,
one from the mill if there is one,
and one from your axe if you have one.

same thing for fish,
one for the symbol in the river,
one for the trap if available,
and one from the fishing rod if you have it.

JeVo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sifu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
This is a super 4 player game. I love grabbing a canoe early and shadowing someone intent on mining - and once they build that mine...

BAM! Move in and nab half of the resources. Course this doesn't always work, but it's devilish good fun when it does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.