Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Gaming Pieces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Graf
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Im enlarging my revolt on Antares Map and also need to find a way to increase the size of the pieces. I was going to scan them then print them on clear sticky paper and put them on larger pieces.

Is there a better way to do this. Or is it better to just scan and print it out on larer already colored perforated pieces?

And does anyone sell perforated pieces or colored blocks or 1" colored chips (need 12 colors).

Any advice would be helpful

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cutting out 1" paper matte would work too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Today, we're all Spaniards!
Avatar
NJswampmonster wrote:
Im enlarging my revolt on Antares Map and also need to find a way to increase the size of the pieces. I was going to scan them then print them on clear sticky paper and put them on larger pieces.

Is there a better way to do this. Or is it better to just scan and print it out on larer already colored perforated pieces?

And does anyone sell perforated pieces or colored blocks or 1" colored chips (need 12 colors).

Any advice would be helpful



Hope I can help - so let me ask a few questions.

1. You need blocks or squares?
2. Does it matter if they're wood or plastic?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had good success, and quick shipping, from http://www.boardgamebits.com/store/

A few of their bits come in 12 different colors. You might want to take a look a see if anything would work for you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Graf
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Blocks or Squares and wood or Plastic is usable. I am not fussy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Today, we're all Spaniards!
Avatar
NJswampmonster wrote:
Blocks or Squares and wood or Plastic is usable. I am not fussy.


For plastic – try here.

http://www.eaieducation.com/531026.html

Educational stores carry wildly useful stuff such as plastic blocks, tiles, dice, etc. Keywords for your search of the net are “math manipulatives”, and “overhead tiles” and “counting blocks”

For wood products, try here.

Blocks
http://www.americanwoodcrafterssupply.com/wooden-products/bl...

People / pawns (Referred to as “Cargo”)
http://www.americanwoodcrafterssupply.com/wooden-products/ca...

Discs
http://www.americanwoodcrafterssupply.com/wooden-products/di...

Squares and rectangles (Scroll down a ways)
http://www.americanwoodcrafterssupply.com/wooden-products/wo...

Blocks, tiles, and tons of stuff including people pawns. Rit Dye can transform these simple wooden objects into glorious game pieces. ¼ teaspoon into 150ml of warm water for 1 hour.

Hope this helps


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Today, we're all Spaniards!
Avatar
mentis wrote:
I've had good success, and quick shipping, from http://www.boardgamebits.com/store/

A few of their bits come in 12 different colors. You might want to take a look a see if anything would work for you.


This is a great place! They'll be getting some of my money soon!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.