Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
To quote Douglas Adams:
Ford: "It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford: "You ask a glass of water."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, you incorrigable nutter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
∑´®∂†¥¨¨©ƒ¨†®∂®´∑¢∞¢∞§¥¨ƒƒ≈ç√∫˜

The first hit on Google for that string is a PDF titled:

"STUDY ON PYREXIA OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN IN FEBRILE ILLNESS PATIENTS FROM COMMUNITY HOSPITALS IN NORTHERN ZONE"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
Aldie wrote:
∑´®∂†¥¨¨©ƒ¨†®∂®´∑¢∞¢∞§¥¨ƒƒ≈ç√∫˜

The first hit on Google for that string is a PDF titled:

"STUDY ON PYREXIA OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN IN FEBRILE ILLNESS PATIENTS FROM COMMUNITY HOSPITALS IN NORTHERN ZONE"

Here is an example of something only a drunk person would do. Hope that helps. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drunk, if done correctly, will not be something you will ever remember. So the few times I've done it, I did it well and therefore cannot describe it.

I can describe a hangover. In vivid, painful detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That incredible/euphoric feeling of watching your body functioning totally separate from your thoughts/brain. A sensation of freedom and inhibition and giddyness.

THEN.......................

and since I've NEVER passed out......

>Lying down exhausted & sleepy and watching the room spin.....
>Hugging the toilet and retching until you feel that your stomach is coming out of your mouth.........

Vowing NEVER to drink again!!

(and failing!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Wet on the bottom of your foot. You look down and see you have stepped in the glass of a broken bottle you at some poiunt shattered. Then you realize the wet you feel is your own blood, wonder why it didn't hurt, and pass out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
First, the world becomes very charming. Your friends are wonderful people, the conversation is fascinating, jokes are funnier, girls are prettier, and surely the warming glow of the sunset has never been quite so heavenly. Should you unexpectedly find yourself on your deathbed tomorrow, you can at least say that you had one perfect evening in your life.

Not long after the apex of this euphoria, breakdowns begin to occur in management. Complicated words become harder to say; inanimate objects that heretofore knew their place in the world unexpectedly leap in your path and are knocked to the ground; inevitably, you car keys disappear. Soon you find yourself needing to urinate every four minutes.

If progress continues in this direction, there is an abrupt change in leadership within the brain area and terrible things start to happen. The less said about these the better. Sometimes there is barfing.

The next morning, when you are on your deathbed, you think back on the horrible, horrible night before and with a firm resolve you decide to blame it all on someone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's fun, and decidedly temporary. You should give it a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
All the cool kids are doing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
Seriously.

I'll make a batch of Chapel Mean Margarita's at our next D&D session. You can see it first hand.

"Okie Dokie Wizard, you're in a room with a frost giant. You've got a decent sized wand. The giant doesn't look impressed! Now he is going to show you his. teehee. He rolled a natural 20, prepare for maximum damage!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Becker
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Wikipedia:

Common symptoms may include slurred speech, impaired balance, poor coordination, flushed face, reddened eyes, reduced inhibition, hiccupping and uncharacteristic behavior. Drunkenness can result in temporary experience of a wide range of emotions, ranging from anger, sadness, and depression to euphoria, lightheartedness and joviality.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola pretty much nailed it on the head. I would just like to add that, in addition to the hangover, people will tell you all the horrible things you said about other people within earshot of them because you lost all definition of whispering last night.

Or maybe that's just me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hedke
United States
Gibraltar
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most problems can be solved with either a stiff drink, a bowel movement, or a bullet.
mbmbmbmbmb
More sustainable than sex (and easier to acquire outside the Middle East).

More controlable than stoned (depending on the agent used).

Kind of like fever delirium (but without the unpleasantness).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love beer, and enjoy wine and the hard stuff, but not to the point of intoxication. A couple of drinks can be relaxing, but personally, I find real intoxication unpleasant.

On a related note:
Modern Drunkard Magazine's 86 Rules of Boozing
http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/01-02/01_02_boo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Not so different than the lightheadedness/dizziness associated with an out-of-whack thyroid. Only, it doesn't seem to want to subside and you have to pee alot.

If you're lucky, you live to see the next day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, produces all the effects of intoxication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
My Japanese gets better when I'm drunk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
It feels happy. Hilarious and happy.

until......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
beckerdo wrote:
From Wikipedia:

Common symptoms may include slurred speech, impaired balance, poor coordination, flushed face, reddened eyes, reduced inhibition, hiccupping and uncharacteristic behavior. Drunkenness can result in temporary experience of a wide range of emotions, ranging from anger, sadness, and depression to euphoria, lightheartedness and joviality.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

This is a pretty good answer, but I would make a little distinction here. Drunkenness leads to reduced inhibition, and the reduced inhibition leads to the display of emotions you already have. If you have anger about something, drunkenness will release the inhibitions controlling that anger: a mean drunk, whence bar fights (excepting, it's just local custom in some places). If you have repressed unhappiness, you will, "Cry in your beer." This isn't black and white: as you consume more and more alcohol, you'll be less and less inhibited.

Note than inhibition is what keeps you from driving drunk, or jaywalking across a busy street. In other words, inhibition keeps your judgment in control of your actions. Drunks do foolish things, like drinking still more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
...I would make a little distinction here. Drunkenness leads to reduced inhibition, and the reduced inhibition leads to the display of emotions you already have. If you have anger about something, drunkenness will release the inhibitions controlling that anger: a mean drunk, whence bar fights (excepting, it's just local custom in some places). If you have repressed unhappiness, you will, "Cry in your beer." This isn't black and white: as you consume more and more alcohol, you'll be less and less inhibited.
It doesn't just lead to the display of the emotions. When I have a couple drinks in me, I really do become happier, I don't just act that way. It's a very nice mood lightener.

After more than a couple drinks, I'm still happier, but then I'm also much stupider and clumsier, so these days I make sure to stop after 2 or 3 drinks at any given event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it all depends on the drunk you're groping, Joe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
To quote Douglas Adams:
Ford: "It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford: "You ask a glass of water."

Thanks Frasier! Glad to see I'm not alone - it's somehow comforting to know that others make the same kind of bizarre connections as I do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.