BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Conception V Glen Ellyn IL Sep 26-28 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Considering all the other post I did, it makes sense to post a full detailed posting of what to expect. So here goes.

Uncle Dukes's battle of Helms Deep. This is the big battle you saw at Origins with over 3 dozen players. Bring a camera you will never see anything like this again. Picturs are at myspace.com/clixcon

Puffing Billy Tournament hosted by Anthony Carver. All the train games you can ever think of including quite a few 18xx games. Crayon games, Ticket to Ride games, Railroad Tycoon games, Rail Baron, Express, Station Master, you get the idea, pretty much any rail game you can think of.

Board Game Library, hosted by Vicki Miller. New games, old games. Euro Games, Tatical games. Rio Games, to Avalon Hill games. You'll find them all here.

Open Gaming. No individual event tickets. There are some scheduled events but there is lots of open gaming as well. Bring your favorite games and join in.

Board Game Prize support. I'm not kidding. There are dozens of board games to be given out as prizes, support and tournament winners. Boxes and boxes of games. You stand a good chance to get at least one free game.

Clix Con. Yes, the bigget gathering of Clix players in the Greater Chicago area. 6 major tournaments and many, many small ones. Tons of prize support (like Foom and Dark Phoenix!). You would have to go to Origins to get more prize support then what Clix Con has. All Wiz Kids Envoys in Chicago are expected to be at Clix Con so don't miss out on this. You can expect; Mech Warrior, Pirates of the Spanish Main, Hero Clix, Sports Clix, Horror Clix, Action Clix, and Star Wars Pocket Models. Specific event information can be found at myspace.com/clixcon

RPG, yes, lots of RPG's as well. RPGA, Sparks, Force, Dragon Isles, and many others.

Silent Auction. We have a simple silent auction. Bring a game, or bid on one. You can find most anything in the silent auction from CCG to Board Games to RPG and even old games that are out of print.

Anime. Anime films, events, panels and of course a costume contest.
Actually you don't have to be part of the Anime to be in custome. In fact I expect to see lots of non anime costumes at the show including Star Wars characters (Look out for the Wookie, he bites). There will also be a Mabinogi Gathering as well as a Gaia Gathering.

Star Wars Mini events

King Maker with Miniatures. Kingmaker on a 4'x4' board with 25mm miniatures. Nothing like it in the midwest, a one of a kind game.

Jerry's box of games. Choose from a variety of games that play well with as few as 2 players - games included are Lost Cities, Knights of Charlemagne, 6 Nimmt, Feurio, and San Juan.

When writing something like this, it seems like I always forget something. If that happens my apologies in advance. Con details are:

College of DuPage,
Student Resource Center
425 Fawell Blvd. Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

Costs: Pre-Reg On Site
1 Day $9.00 $10.00
2 Days $16.00 $17.00
3 Days $19.00 $20.00
Deadline Sept 5

Send Pre-reg to: Conception V 2112 W. Galena Blvd, Suite 8-199, Aurora Il 60506-3255

If you have more questions shoot me a email at jmiller7838 @ wideopenwest.com

(take out the spaces, anti web crawler safty)

I look forward to your feedback.

Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.