Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Miller
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Working through the night Jeff fixed the broken link. After being fixed the broken link became Jeff's BGG profile.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can imagine this topic has come up before, but I have to wonder why with so many games now featuring the increasingly popular 'Worker-placement' mechanic, is there a reason it hasn't been added as its own category yet?

Agricola, Caylus, and The Pillars of the Earth all are top 'Worker-placement' games, none of which have a mechanic listed under the information section. Personally, I love the feature of being able to search for games by mechanic; but as of right now, these top games and surely many others are virtually non-existent from any such search.

Additionally, when I want a quick snapshot of a game, I look at the information section for a few things: # of players supported, time of play, and mechanic. When there's no mechanic listed, it takes some time to track it down. Or in the case of Stone Age, listing it as 'dice-rolling' and 'set collection' could be misleading when the core of it as I understand it (I haven't actually played it yet ninja ) is really Worker-placement.

Overall, it seems like a simple addition, and I feel a helpful one.

In short: Please add 'Worker Placement' as a listed mechanic .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Frothingslosh
Canada
Caledon
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed 100%. Stone Age and Pillars are two of my new favorites. I'd love to search for games with this category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.