Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel a little foolish posting rules questions for such a simple ruleset, but here I go:

1) In Overwatch will a Space Marine fire every time a G'Stealer moves or every time a Stealer expends an AP? The rules state that a Marine fires every time a Stealer makes an action... I suppose my particular question is about a 90-degree turn. This costs no AP for the Stealer player; does it also provide an Overwatch-fire opportunity?

2) The missions state the number of blips that start lurking off-board and the number of blips the Stealer player receives each turn as reinforcements. To begin the Stealer player's first turn does he or she receive those reinforcements?

Thanks,

A
C
K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
ACK ACK wrote:
I feel a little foolish posting rules questions for such a simple ruleset, but here I go:

1) In Overwatch will a Space Marine fire every time a G'Stealer moves or every time a Stealer expends an AP? The rules state that a Marine fires every time a Stealer makes an action... I suppose my particular question is about a 90-degree turn. This costs no AP for the Stealer player; does it also provide an Overwatch-fire opportunity?

2) The missions state the number of blips that start lurking off-board and the number of blips the Stealer player receives each turn as reinforcements. To begin the Stealer player's first turn does he or she receive those reinforcements?

Thanks,

A
C
K

I'm no expert so I shouldn't answer, but I'm bored so I'd say
1)it get shot at every time it moves regardless of whether it spends action ints or not

2)no

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never feel bad about making sure you understand a rule. There are a lot of great games out there, but not a lot of great rulebooks.

ACK ACK wrote:

Yes, you fire. Keep in mind that turning 90 degrees is a "free" action but it is still an action. This is a vital component to Overwatch.

Also remember that all Terminators on Overwatch HAVE to fire. So if you have 2 Overwatch'ing Terminators covering the same square, and a 'Stealer moves in that square, they both have to fire. So if the first Terminator rolls the needed 6 to kill, you sill have to roll for the other to see if his bolter jams.

ACK ACK wrote:

Yes indeed! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And those bolters *will* jam at the most inopportune time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madDdog67 wrote:

angry They are designated "Storm Bolters" not 'bolters'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
madDdog67 wrote:

angry They are designated "Storm Bolters" not 'bolters'.

My apologies to the Emperor. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Way-whu-nuh-now?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys, for the answers. I broke down and bought SH off eBay recently after looking longingly at it for years. I'm a happy geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACK ACK wrote:
Thanks, guys, for the answers. I broke down and bought SH off eBay recently after looking longingly at it for years. I'm a happy geek.

I hope is was the 1989 first edition!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.