Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Would appreciate any opinions as to whether combining the Harbormaster 2 point bonus and the Fisherman varients makes the habors too unbalanced?

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think that it would make the Fishermen scenario even more exciting and add even more incentives to settling on the coastline. Generally, I am really adverse to building more than one settlement on the coast but Fishermen makes it more of an incentive. Adding the Harbormaster would add more of a competitive edge to the Fishermen scenario, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lai
Canada
flag msg tools
cool Bob, the harbormaster with the Fisherman variants makes the game more exciting, especially for those who are blocked off from any expansion into the island. How many times have you been cut off bysomeone's road, and left to wander the outer fringes of the island only to lose because of nowhere to expand. Now the habour master can help with that (i.e. Victory points), and the fishing will give you resource-like purchasing power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kwei
United States
Goleta / Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
mb
This combination really inverts the gameplay--you start on the outside and develop towards the center. I think it's quite good for those burned out on the standard game but don't want to spend a longer time playing something like C&K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.