Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Dice Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Bushnell
msg tools
I recently found a box of dice in my basement. Does anyone know of any games someone could play with five dice (of the common cubic variety)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yahtze

Can't Stop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
Reiner Knizia's Decathlon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My own cricket game I used to play as a kid.

Two teams - the lower order for each team (i.e those who suck and are bowlers) are marked with a star.

You need to know the rules of cricket.
Every ball bowled is signified by a dice roll. 6 and 5 = 0 runs. Each side also has a bowler who is their star bowler. For them 3 also = 0.

A batsman is out when he rolls 2 6s or 2 5s in a row. One batsman is a star batsman. He's only out when 2 6s or 25s are rolled and then ANOTHER 6 or 5 rolled after that. (e.g. 666 or 555 or 665 or 556).

Play a limited number of overs each team.

Easy and passes the time nicely. You can play a series or something.

Myself and friends also used to play a football (soccer) game with dice. You started with a squad with different player ratings and made transfers, played matches etc but I can't remember how it worked now.

Dice are great for passing the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yahtzee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't Stop is a game that I just can't stop playing, no pun intended. And you can make your own board. With a little creativity, you can add house rules, solo games, and all kinds of fun stuff to it.

Not quite as easy, but Elementalis is another cool dice game, but you'd have to write up some charts to make it work with just plain pip dice. Fun game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fenrir wrote:
I recently found a box of dice in my basement. Does anyone know of any games someone could play with five dice (of the common cubic variety)?
Wait a minute.....

this is insinuating that you didn't have 5 6-sided dice before you found this box in your basement.... surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reapersaurus wrote:
Fenrir wrote:

Wait a minute.....

this is insinuating that you didn't have 5 6-sided dice before you found this box in your basement.... surprise

Yea, how about it?! We should start up a relief fund for needy gamers. If someone out there doesn't have at least 5 six-sided dice, I'd be more than happy to give.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb

Players roll 6 dice

you get scores for

1's are worth 100 pts
5's are worth 50 pts

Any triple is worth 100 times (2=200, 3=300 etc.)
Triple 1 is worth 1000, Triples must be rolled all at once, and can not made up from set-aside dice

You can roll as many times as you like, but each throw you must set aside at least 1 scoring dice (1,5 or triple)
If you can't set aside any score from the dice you rolled loose everything you scored so far this turn.

If you manage to set aside all 6 dice as scoring dice you can start over, adding any further score to what you have scored so far.

First to 10,000 wins

For a shorter game play 5,000

EDIT: Oops, missed the "5 dice" in your post, worth finding an extra for though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Bushnell
msg tools
reapersaurus wrote:
[Wait a minute.....

this is insinuating that you didn't have 5 6-sided dice before you found this box in your basement.... :surprise:

Well... it's not like I didn't have five six-sided dice, I just didn't know I had them.

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.