4 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: Opposite sides of player boards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marla

Washington
msg tools
I don't understand the opposite side of some of the player boards. How come two of the boards have almost the same thing of both sides except for the edges: one side has the normal trees, and the other side has brown fenced off areas. My first guess is that that's for the players supply of stuff, but if that's the case, then how come only two of the boards have it?

Thanks,
Marla

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember reading in another forum thread that the bins on one side of the boards were for those people that like to have places for the tokens and cubes.

On the back of two other farm boards there are areas for the cubes and tokens to be sorted for ease of play, if you like that kind of thing.

Finally, on the back of 1 farm board and 2 of the round boards, there are tutorials to help explain the game. I have not tried to explain the game using them, so I don't know how useful they are at this point.

So really, those 2 boards are personal choice. Do you like the bins or not. My boys like having the bins to put their stuff in, I don't mind either way.

Maus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Original player boards should have just the hedges.

Those alternate ones were added as an afterthought, so they don't leave the other sides blank; I think the idea was to offer a newbie-version of the board, what with the sowing aid on the side and whatnot.

Weird thing was, many folks prefer those versions and are irked there are so few of them. But I think I read somewhere Uwe (the designer) dislikes them, so I don't think they will replace the clearer, "hedged" ones as the default.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
England
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
...I think I read somewhere Uwe (the designer) dislikes them, so I don't think they will replace the clearer, "hedged" ones as the default.

That discussion occurred in the commentary for my photo here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.