Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Thiel
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game of E.T.I. tonight. I enjoyed it, but I think the rest of my regular board game group was disappointed in the endgame, probably because four of them were knocked out by my meager attack and the sole survivor (who used the "Judas" card to redirect my sole attack card) won with only one project. Hopefully I can talk them into it again; I think the game is rather clever and certainly well-produced for a small press offering.

Anyway, on to the question. What happens when two or more multipliers line up during a "standard" research submission? We had a situation in which a number card was followed up by a x2, then a x0. I would assume that the result for the three cards would be zero, but I couldn't find anything in the rules to support that. Would adjacent x2 and x3 cards multiply by six?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A situation of multiple multipliers would calculate as in this example of a 40, a x2, a x3 and a x0:

+--+ +--+ +--+ +--+
|40| |x2| |x3| |x0|
+--+ +--+ +--+ +--+

=40 =80 =240! =0

In short, apply the multipliers as they appear, in order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:
In short, apply the multipliers as they appear, in order.

Or in any other order, thanks to the commutative property of multiplication!

But, yes, getting back to the original question, subsequent multipliers also affect the previous value card. I also noticed that the rules do not specifically mention this. However, there is an example in the rulebook that demonstrates it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.