Subject: 2nd dev card after running from temple or graveyard? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Mollet
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Hi!

If I'm in the temple or at the graveyard, and I turn the 1st dev card, and I decide to run (COWARD!), do I still have to play the second dev card?

And another question ... am I correct that it's possible to play 4 dev cards in 1 turn? E.g. when in the temple I turn ITEM, then turn a 2nd card to gain that item, then my 'second' dev card for the temple, and it's an ITEM card again.

kind regards,
Dave

PS I just found out about the game yesterday, I printed it out, laminated it (is that English? I put it in plastic). I love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
If you decide to run while trying to get/bury the totem, either on the first or the second dev card, consider yourself interrupted. You have to return and restart the whole process of resolving two consecutive events to succeed.

You could potentially draw 4 dev cards while recovering/burying the totem if both cards would be item ones and you would choose to pick up all of them. You wouldn't have to pick up any but if you'd choose to go for both it would indeed cost you over 30 minutes out of the overall 3 hours (game time). You decide if it's worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mollet
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for your reaction!

I know that the process has to be started again after I'm interrupted, but my question remains. If I run from the temple after the FIRST card, do I still have to resolve the second dev card in that turn (meaning the one that I had to resolve if I DIDN'T run)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
No. Like I said, your totem related action was interrupted when you chose to flee from the temple/graveyard tile, losing 1 health in the process. The rules clearly state that you don't get to resolve a new dev card for the room you ran into. Next you have the option to either cower to replenish your health (wasting another dev card) or return to the room you just fled from.

It's also common sense that you couldn't be able to, say, bury the totem in a grave from a graveyard adjacent tile. You should get back and re-start the ritual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mollet
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Ok thanks again for the info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.