Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andrew stanley
Canada
brampton
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first joined BGG I entered all the games I had to my collection list. I remember going through a list of all the games and clicking a box on each of the games I owned. I haven't updated my list since that first time and I wanted to add all the games I've got since then. Does this ability still exist?
I don't really want to have to pull up each game individually and scroll to the bottom of the page to do each one. It would just take way too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there are approximately a bajillion (a scientific term) more games in BGG now than there were when you joined, so going through a list of all of them would be unbearably tedious. On the bright side, you can add ownership of a game from the search results page, so any of your game titles which are unambiguous, or which bring up expansions as well can just be added by clicking in the relevant column of the search results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
That functionality existed on BGG a long time ago, but it doesn't exist anymore. The primary reason it is gone is that the site has undergone a number of programming changes over time, but as a practical measure, there are 36,000 games on BGG now, whereas by the end of 2003 there weren't even 10,000 games in the database -- the old system is impracticable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
You can browse the entire database by name here. It's not ideal, but it will let you go through all the games.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=game&categ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can imagine a new feature request: "Is there a way I can point my webcam at my collection, and BGG will automatically add all those games to my collection for me?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Snyder
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Shouldn't you be playing a game with me instead of wasting time on the Internet?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm I thought this was going to be a thread about one of those pozy grab bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
I can imagine a new feature request: "Is there a way I can point my webcam at my collection, and BGG will automatically add all those games to my collection for me?"

Interestingly enough, this has been a feature of many (book) library programs for a while. webcam-based barcode scanning. It's quite nifty. Of course, most people don't have a game collection that's large enough to justify setting up the database of barcodes to games.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
thepackrat wrote:
russ wrote:

Interestingly enough, this has been a feature of many (book) library programs for a while. webcam-based barcode scanning. It's quite nifty. Of course, most people don't have a game collection that's large enough to justify setting up the database of barcodes to games.

B>

Funny you should mention that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.