Brad Brooks
United States
West Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I introduced my four and half year old son to "Hey! That's My Fish!" this afternoon. He liked the name immediately upon hearing it, repeating it several times and using it in other contexts ("Hey, that's my juice!"). I thought he was going to zone out and lose interest as I set up the tiles, since that takes a few minutes to arrange, but he overcame his life-on-demand impatience and just played with the penguins. The rules are simple and he got the penguin movement (straight lines, no jumping penguins or empty spaces) with only a few corrections. As the game wound down he was able to recognize when his penguins were running out of options, and at the end he counted up all of his fish without help. He's not going to be playing strategically any time soon, but it's nice to be able to play something other than the usual card matching games, and a game that has the potential for deeper decision making than "Don't Break the Ice".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kelley
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Go Bulldogs!
badge
A comical familiar for an absent-minded wizard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent progress! I've got the game for my older (10 and 9) boys, but I assume their 3 year-old sister will be wanting to play soon. I hope she locks in on the game like your son did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to hear, have a lot of fun with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.