Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a German Pak38 hidden behind Light Woods as the Russian T26 moves forward after destroying the PzII the T26 comes into LOS..."As soon as he moved forward however, he is in the sights of the PaK36 who immediately reaction fires into the T-26’s flank..."

This is a typo as the example is supposed to be the Pak38 yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike,
I have no idea of what you are talking about!! blush

I am sure if you go to the web page again you will see your error and not find one mention of a PaK 38. (unless I happened to miss another occurrence of it!)

Uwe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Uwe...Hmm we are talking about the same website I take it? http://www.ConflictofHeroes.com

Well on that site:
Sorry my explanation isn't the best...the first paragraph on the website/example turn, states a hidden Pak38 in the South out of LOS of the T34 as Light Woods block his sight...the 3rd paragraph states a German Pak36 fires at Russian tank but it's not a Pak36 it's a Pak38.

Web site Example Turn:

First para "...He does not see the Anti-Tank Gun PaK38 hidden to the south, since light woods block his sight'

Second para: The Russian T-26 reaction fires at the PzII for 5CAPs. He rolls a 9 for a total 15 attack value. The PzII only has a 15 defense, so the T-26 hits and the PzII pulls a hit counter. It is an instant DESTROYED counter (no problem here I just put this bit in as it leads to the Pak firing at the T26)

Third para: The Soviet feels confident and activates the T-26. He moves forward two hexes for 1AP, wanting to finish off the infantry. As soon as he moved forward however, he is in the sights of the PaK36 who immediately reaction fires into the T-26’s flank, before the T-26 can fire at the infantry. The PaK36 deducts 2CAPs

I take it the gun IS the Pak38 not a Pak36?

I take it the counter representing the Pak (in the 3rd image on website)is an early playtest counter as the 2 Pak38 counters in the game listed in the rules have different stats: AP to fire/move and both the firepowers different from online example but the flank & front defense are the same as on the web site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
AARRGH!!! You got me! It should be a PaK 36 throughout the example and YES I admit that I went back and tried to hide all of the evidence of mixed up Paks.

And yes, I have gone back and fixed the reference to a PaK 36 and yes it is an old PaK 36 counter image, but I am way too lazy at this time to fix it. soblue

Congrats, you are my new honorary web page "find what is wrong" person!

Uwe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey cool! No worries. I've always wanted to be an honoray something! I'm reading thru the rules next...hehe just kidding!

Brilliant game you have created though from what I have read/seen here and in the rules I downloaded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.