Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Pinkham
United States
La Palma
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of ways to browse the geek, but one that is missing is the Plays category. It would be great if there was a Plays section of the site where you could view any kind of data related to plays. A few examples would be:

- Browse all games by number of plays this week/month/year/all time
- Easily search through your own and other people's plays
- View all play details for a game for a certain period of time. For example, look up Arkadia in the plays section. Then choose a start and end date. Then "view all details". This would post all plays of Arkadia for that time period in one long list, where you could easily read all the details and notes posted by the players.

It would also be cool to have play data available as a search option in the Advanced Search tool.

I think it would be cool to easily view all games by number of plays. Play data is really interesting to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
It isn't easy to find, I admit, but check out Misc: Stats: Games played (by game). I think you'll find what you are looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
It isn't easy to find, I admit, but check out Misc: Stats: Games played (by game). I think you'll find what you are looking for.
But that doesn't show you the details. Like selecting Arkadia and seeing all the individual game log reports from now backwards. Of course, it would be nice to be able to filter out those without the "more information" added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
OK, should have said "you'll find most of what you are looking for."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
dakarp wrote:
But that doesn't show you the details. Like selecting Arkadia and seeing all the individual game log reports from now backwards. Of course, it would be nice to be able to filter out those without the "more information" added.

Like this?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/plays/boardgame/25643

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Pinkham
United States
La Palma
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwolfe wrote:

No, that's just a basic view. Imagine if you could view all of those expanded into the Details view at one time. And imagine you got to that page from a new "Plays" page. That's what I'm suggesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Pinkham
United States
La Palma
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:

That's definitely a start. But here, you can only view it by Game, Date, and Thumbnails (if you go to "By Month"). It would be good to add Plays to the list, so you can view the months plays by number of plays. And once you're into the list that shows Qty and Unique Users, it would be cool to have a View By Ratio option. That way you could more easily look at the list by the ratio of plays per unique user. Let's say I want to see which games get the most plays per user? That's how I would do it. I could also reverse the view order to see which games have more users with less plays per user.

EDIT: Another cool feature would be, when recording plays, you can choose what type of play it is. For instance, you can choose a checkbox for:

- My copy
- Someone else's copy
- Computer version
- Internet version

Maybe this doesn't matter to anyone else, but I'd like to be able to track that. And then to be able to search by it in the Plays browser! You could see how many of those Puerto Rico plays people played online, and how many were played in person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.