Popular Tags: [View All]
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In most games where it is possible to affect drawing and discarding from the deck there are explicit discard rules. WG does not explicity state them. I am assuming that discards are face up. Is it okay or not to examine what is in the discard stack beneath the top card?

EDIT: sp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddog McGraw
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The discard pile is face up. Because there is an ability that allows a player to draw off the discard pile this would make sense.

we've never had any rulings in our games about folks wanting to look through the discard pile below the 1st card - it's actually never come up :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'd play that the discard pile is always face up but you can't look through the pile. Being able to examine the entire discard pile at any time lends a LOT of power to Split Dimension (or whatever the spell is that lets you draw from either the discard pile or the draw deck each time you draw)... probably too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Per GFG: Face up stack, no checking cards under the top one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that means when you discard you're allowed to discard in whatever order you wish, choosing which card you want to be on top (visible)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You control your own discard so could always be selective about which card is on top, although you are probably going to discard several times in each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.