Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As some of you know here, from my posts from last season, that I'm not a Patriots fan. But, I never want to see anyone get hurt, especially like that. And of course, for the first time ever, I had him on my fantasy team, where I used my first round pick on him. (My fantasy team might be cursed, though, I also lost Dallas Clark too, hopefully not for too long.)

I was thinking 10 wins with Brady was going to be a stretch, now I think they'll win 6 to 8. Yeah they won without him last week, but it was to the worse team in the league. All of their division rivals are better this year and their defense is old and they lost a lot of good players on defense also.

Plus, if it is an ACL injury, it might be hard to recover from. Daunte Culpepper had a similar injury and now he's out of the game. Even if Brady's done, he's a hall of famer, but I don't think we're at that point yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Moss is an idiot. That didn't look anything like a dirty hit--the guy was on the ground and fighting to tackle Brady from where he was. What's he supposed to do, let him go for fear of being labeled "dirty"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Firestone IV wrote:
Randy Moss is an idiot.

You could have said that even before he tried to say that was a dirty hit. Maybe that's why he fumbled the ball because he was more focused on Brady being hit than carrying the ball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
It always stinks to see a good player go down to injury. I am a fan of the Patriots (as I've said before, when you're a Lions fan you have to pick a back-up team to root for when the playoffs come around.) And even though I like the Patriots and hate to see Tom Brady taken out...that was an accidental hit. He fell into Brady's knee, through no fault of his own. Hopefully the "blame game" doesn't cause the NFL to add some ridiculous rule that will put the quarterbacks at an even bigger advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me preface my words with these facts:
1. I am a die-hard Steelers fan
2. I detest the Pats and their shady "genius" coach
3. I detest Tom "Frat Boy" Brady
4. Brady being out will make the Steelers' path to SB 43 a lot easier.

Having said all of that, I'm unhappy that Tom went down like he did. It's bad for football for the league to lose its MVP on the first week of a new season. It's unfortunate not just for fans of the Pats, but all NFL fans. We want to see the best players compete every week, and now the one of the best is gone for the year. Hopefully, he will come back good as new next year, so I can resume hating him at full strength.

Of course, how bad can sitting on your butt for a season be, when your "nurse-maid" looks like this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Pats fan, a tough thing to be in Stillers territory. I said last year if they went 19-0 I would stop rooting for them as they didn't need my help anymore. So I was all set to go to my back up team Chicago. Then they went and lost the Super Bowl... They couldn't just win it so I could go out on top. No, they had to make me think about what I was gonna do.

Brady going down sealed it for me, I can root for the Pats again, An untested QB playing to salvage the hopes of fans who are used to feeling good. That is a good story.

Now if they would just change back to the awesome minute men helmets again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
SVan wrote:

I was thinking 10 wins with Brady was going to be a stretch, now I think they'll win 6 to 8.

They have one of the easiest schedules in the league by virtue of playing in the mediocre AFC East (4 easy games), coupled with playing the anemic AFC West (3 easy games) and the pathetic NFC West (4 easy games) this season. They were going to win more than 10 games with Brady. They likely still can.

That said (and I too hate to see a player injured like that) I am much more hopeful about the prospects of my Bills this year as a result.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the one and only
Germany
Nettetal - Kaldenkirchen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a Pats fan either, but I second your statement. thumbsup

desertfox2004 wrote:

Having said all of that, I'm unhappy that Tom went down like he did. It's bad for football for the league to lose its MVP on the first week of a new season. It's unfortunate not just for fans of the Pats, but all NFL fans. We want to see the best players compete every week, and now the one of the best is gone for the year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody's happy he got hurt, but I have to admit I'm happy to see the Pats have to play without him. I think it's going to open up the playoff race quite a bit, and I look forward to the late season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
SVan wrote:

I was thinking 10 wins with Brady was going to be a stretch, now I think they'll win 6 to 8.

They have one of the easiest schedules in the league by virtue of playing in the mediocre AFC East (4 easy games), coupled with playing the anemic AFC West (3 easy games) and the pathetic NFC West (4 easy games) this season. They were going to win more than 10 games with Brady. They likely still can.

That said (and I too hate to see a player injured like that) I am much more hopeful about the prospects of my Bills this year as a result.

-MMM

First off, I want to know why does New England always get an easy schedule when they always go far in the playoffs? I thought the farther you go, the harder your schedule (besides the conference they're in and the conferences they're assigned to play.)

Second, their division isn't going to suck anymore. All three teams have improved, although Miami will be lucky to win 5. Buffalo showed that it's much improved. The Jets have shown that they are better, although they still got some work to do.

The NFC west should be better also. Seattle isn't as good, but Arizona and San Francisco should be better. Um, ok, so the Rams really suck.

The AFC West is getting better too. Although the Chiefs are terrible (and the Patriots barely beat them), Oakland has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball, Denver will be really good, and that other team, San Diego has plenty of talent.

My picks:

Buffalo wins the division, Jets 2nd, Patriots 3rd, Miami 4th

New England goes 7-9, especially when they lose their old defensive players like they've been doing every year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
SVan wrote:

First off, I want to know why does New England always get an easy schedule when they always go far in the playoffs? I thought the farther you go, the harder your schedule (besides the conference they're in and the conferences they're assigned to play.)

The division they are in and the divisions they are assigned to play account for 14 of the 16 games. The other two are against the best teams of the AFC North and AFC South (Pittsburgh and Indy...tough teams for sure) but that does little to counter the fact that the divisions the AFC East have been assigned happen to be the suckiest divisions of the entire AFC and NFC respectively.

Quote:

Second, their division isn't going to suck anymore.

I didn't say they'd suck. I said it'll be mediocre.

Quote:
Buffalo showed that it's much improved.

They played an overrated Seahawks team that never plays well when they travel across the country and play at 1pm.

Quote:

The Jets have shown that they are better,

No they didn't...they played Miami.

Quote:
The NFC west should be better also. Seattle isn't as good, but Arizona and San Francisco should be better. Um, ok, so the Rams really suck.

Arizona and SF being better doesn't mean that they'll necessarily be good So that leaves the NFC West with 2 not good and 2 better than bad.

Quote:
The AFC West is getting better too.

Agreed, but they are still the weakest of the AFC by far.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.