Lock 'n Load Tactical: Day of Heroes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Too much mobs!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis E. Hernández

Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia, SPAIN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are running short of mob counters in many scenarios. Is the countermix a limit, or can we use any other counters to represent more mobs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Tourville
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same issue with the "Fired" and "Moved" markers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm...I thought there could only be 4 in play at any one time. Don't really know where I got that idea, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis E. Hernández

msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The counters which are limited to 4 are Blocks.
As for the Fired and Moved markers, is obvious that you can use more than those provided, but with Mobs I am not sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Smith
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
I'd like to know the answer to this question also. Anyone know where to find errata for this game? I can't seem to find it on the L'N L forums...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Krockover
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, "Mob Grows" should be a "6" on the Dispersal Table, keeping the drm for "Fired Through" markers. I'll be honest, this isn't a difficult game to play, but the rules have so many holes in them it's like swiss cheese. I'm currently cutting and pasting together my own V3 rules (including the DoH sub-set rules) in a format, layout, order and wording that I think they should be in; not saying that I can do better, but I can put it in a context that I'll understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis E. Hernández

msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m trying something similar!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
but the rules have so many holes in them it's like swiss cheese

Gary,

Your phrasing is as unfortunate as it is inaccurate. This game system has won three game of the year awards, and has been specifically singled out as having very readable and understandable rules, without bloating redundencies, and has weathered the test of time, without massive revisions, for almost seven years.

That said, we are by no means perfect. If you have specific examples of rules you believe we could explain better, I'm more than ready to incorporate your suggestions.

As for the Mobs... the provided markers are the limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.