Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
This box caught my friends eye and then when we were reading the back the dice tower caught my eye, the few lines of text make it seem like that the dice tower at random selects which cubes dont come out thus the one with the highest number come out the bottom win? Is this right? Or am I way off? TIA and all the best, Jonathan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The tower has "filters" that may or may not catch some of the cubes thrown in the top. These are basically 2 flat cardboard inserts in the tower that have random holes in it. Before the game, you seed it with a few cubes of each color. It's possible, then, when you throw cubes in that nothing comes out (because they all landed on a ledge) or that everything comes out (because the force of the new cubes dislodged the exisiting cubes). So you never know the results of the battle based on what was thrown in.

Since there is a finite quantity, it should even out by the end of the game. If you threw a lot of your color cubes in this round but few came out, then you have a high proportion in there for next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gage
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Ah the tower -- a brilliant conflict resolution device, that I have been trying to convince my company's board of directors to use.

Like the mysterious 8-ball, its' inner workings shall be forever beyond mortal understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cube resolution device in which some cubes come back out and some don't (but might later)is normally called a CUBE TOWER to differentiate it from a DICE TOWER that allows all of the dice to fall through the tower for the purpose of randomization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.