Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
My birthday is coming up soon and I would like to get a copy of this game. If you would like to sell your copy or trade please send me your price and/or trade request. Feel free to look through anything in my collection and not just what is marked for trade. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
How much you willing to pay

Seriously,

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_boardGame.php?viewType=view...

I think it's a bit over priced so I've not pulled the trigger, but if you don't have any luck finding it elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Wow $150. I am wanting to find a kind sole with a used copy at a much more reasonable price. I had no idea there was a place still selling new copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treacherous Cretin
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 17 for trade in BGG, is that information old, are the prices just too high, or is no one really willing to trade ???

sorry if its old ground, I am surprised thats all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen this one going for under $100 in a while now. I wish I would have snagged a copy when I had the chance to get it for $60

Old Warfrog games seem to just keep going up in price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BAYLEYAW wrote:
There are 17 for trade in BGG, is that information old, are the prices just too high, or is no one really willing to trade ???

sorry if its old ground, I am surprised thats all.

I have not had luck with trades to this point. I sent geek mail to some asking if they would want to sell, but that has not worked out to this point.

The nice thing for everyone is after I buy a copy than some company will announce a reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StyxParadox wrote:
The nice thing for everyone is after I buy a copy than some company will announce a reprint.

Heh. I know how you feel. I'm convinced that my decision to finally pull the trigger on a used copy of Age of Steam was what led to the end of open hostilities between Bohrer and Wallace. I think Martin's note was posted 3 days after I bought [I take some comfort in that I got a copy of expansion #1 in with my copy of AoS too]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
StyxParadox wrote:
Thanks. Wow $150. I am wanting to find a kind sole with a used copy at a much more reasonable price. I had no idea there was a place still selling new copies.
You could always buy a used one on the marketplace for $200. Much more reasonably priced...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
StyxParadox wrote:
I have not had luck with trades to this point. I sent geek mail to some asking if they would want to sell, but that has not worked out to this point.

someone geekmailed me about selling my new in shrink copy for $100, I didn't bother responding as it seemed to be a low ball offer... possibly someone wanting to flip it for more.

Regarding coolstuffinc having a new copy.... if you are interested in it I'd buy it fast... they only have one copy it says, and $149 is probably as good a price as you are going to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

Regarding coolstuffinc having a new copy.... if you are interested in it I'd buy it fast... they only have one copy it says, and $149 is probably as good a price as you are going to find.

New in-shrink has no value to me since my plan is to open and play the game. My hope is that someone will be willing to take cash + trades if I am not able to get the game at a price I can afford.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand if you really want this specific game, but you owe it to yourself to think what else on your wishlist you could buy with $100-200.

I played PotR once and it was an "eh" experience for me. I didn't care if I ever played again. But I'm not a Wallace fan, so of course YMMV. But that's a lot of money/trade equity to sink into a single game. You could try Perikles, which has some of the same elements, and you can get that for around $15 (I just sold mine on eBay for $17).

Also, unless you have a group of hard-core gamers willing to play it with you, be careful. I think this game needs several dedicated people willing to play it enough to become familiar with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Paris
United States
Post Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StyxParadox wrote:
My birthday is coming up soon and I would like to get a copy of this game. If you would like to sell your copy or trade please send me your price and/or trade request. Feel free to look through anything in my collection and not just what is marked for trade. Thanks.

I have Princes and would probably be ok trading it, but I think the problem is that your list of games doesn't really have anything on the same tier. For me specifically, I already have much of what you own so there's really nothing for me to base a trade upon. I really don't think it's anything other than your selection that's not conducive to trade for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crparis wrote:
StyxParadox wrote:

I have Princes and would probably be ok trading it, but I think the problem is that your list of games doesn't really have anything on the same tier. For me specifically, I already have much of what you own so there's really nothing for me to base a trade upon. I really don't think it's anything other than your selection that's not conducive to trade for this game.

I agree that there is no good 1 for 1 trades. But I am willing to trade more than one game for PotR. Or game + $$$ in trade for PotR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.