Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard S
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1 to 5 ranking for the wishlist is great, but is there any way to give it a finer ordering? Preferably, I would be able rank all the games I am looking at 1 to X where X is the number of games on the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Adam
United Kingdom
Co. Down
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Since I can't find a more recent answer to this question, I'm bumping it.
I'd love to be able to do the same thing (change the ordering of the games appearing in the wishlist under a single category, i.e. order the 1s, the 2s, etc.), is it possible?

Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can sort by rating. I don't know how far the decimals go in a rating, but that might help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
To sort by (your) rank press 'columns' on your wishlist and switch on ratingsrank. Then rate your games accordingly and sort by rating to put them in your order of rank.

The decimal system should make it possible to give every game a different rating.

(Ug that's a bad sentence.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Adam
United Kingdom
Co. Down
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that! Hadn't thought about it.

Although by rank, do you mean 'rating'? Choosing a 'rank' column doesn't allow you to edit anything though; they're the ranks as calculated by BGG. So adding a 'rating' column implies I'm rating the games with bogus values without actually having played them. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry - yes I mean rating which becomes your rank.

This may make you a heretic in some users eyes but I think its fair enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
don't let any rating purists see what you're doing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Adam
United Kingdom
Co. Down
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
This may make you a heretic in some users eyes but I think its fair enough.

Yeah, some people checking my ratings or even the ratings on a game's page, might see me and assume I'm yet another lunatic rater. blush

If only they understood my need for ordering things

Hang on. Lunatic unless... If I give decent ratings starting at say 7.001 going up to 7.099, it might not be so obvious then... I just see it as temporary measure since the ultimate goal is of course to empty that wishlist!

-edit.
Pseudo-ranking in progress. Apologies if I rub some fellow BGGers the wrong way! What I decided though is to leave the PnP games at the bottom of catgeory 4, unrated, so as not to skew them since they generally don't have many ratings in the first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.