Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is it that in the pics of the 2nd series of minis in ads I've seen, the planes do NOT include pilots yet the minis themselves DO come with little brown heads in the cockpits? Did someone have the idea at one time to not include the pilots but later changed their minds? I wish they would have left the little brown heads off the planes. I think they make them look dumb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kreider
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Driver 8 wrote:
I think they make them look dumb.

I agree. The aircraft models are great representations of the machines with plenty of detail. The 'pilots' have zero detail and are sort of an abstract suggestion of a figure, rather than a figure itself. They clash with the model, in my opinion. It looks like they will appear again in series 3 though based on the pics we've seen.

I've heard both opinions about'em though. I guess some folks like _something_ in that cockpit, otherwise the plane looks like it's flying unmanned. I remember some folks did custom pilots when series 1 was released with empty cockpits. My feeling is that the model is just a model of the plane 'at rest', no spinning prop, no pilot. My imagination works just fine once they are flying around the table.

Don't know what advertisement you're referring to. Maybe the pics you saw were prototypes before the little blob pilots were added?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tedman wrote:

Don't know what advertisement you're referring to. Maybe the pics you saw were prototypes before the little blob pilots were added?

I'm assuming that is the case. Hmm, I wonder if I could pull the heads off the planes with a pair of needle nose pliers. Then, I might mess up the paint job though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kreider
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Driver 8 wrote:
Hmm, I wonder if I could pull the heads off the planes with a pair of needle nose pliers. Then, I might mess up the paint job though.

I've considered that but wonder if they have a full cockpit underneath. The series 1 planes had an empty seat. If you tear the pilot out, I don't know if you'll see a seat or just an empty space.

Let us know if you do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.