Chris Crowder
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I know:
- Generals have two movement points
- With just one of those movement points, they can travel any distance along a friendly road
- At any one time, they can have up to seven military units moving with them

Question:
Suppose I have a chain of cities A, B, C and D all connected along a friendly road, and my general starts in A with six infantry and a cavalry. Can I move the six infantry units from A to B, then pick up six others that were already in B and move them to C, then pick up six other infantry that were already in C and move them to D, and still have one movement point left with my general? Does my cavalry (my general's constant partner amidst all these infantry transfers) also still have one movement point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm understanding the question correctly then yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand what you are asking...I would hazard yes...though why you'd want to keep dropping off and picking up 6 troops instead of having them all travel on the road with the general is beyond me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Crowder
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just find it odd that the general could move so many different units to so many different locations, all with one movement point. It seems like a rule that could be abused somehow ... I assume if the general switches direction on the road, at least that would consume a movement point?

Slightly related question: two generals traveling together effectively means that fourteen units can travel together with them? I suppose that's the same as moving one of them with seven units and then the other with the other seven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, two generals can move 7 each for a total of 14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.