Popular Tags: preorder [+] essen [+] essen-2008 [+] [View All]
Mariano Iannelli
Germany
berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are happy to announce that the What's Your Game? version of Fairy Tale is being reprinted and that the new edition will be available from October onwards.

Whit the occasion we have revised the graphics and made a new version of the rules (downloadable here http://www.whatsyourgame.it/allegati/fairyt_eng.pdf )

Here some images
New Cover - Action Cards - Conditional Cards - Variable and Allies Cards - The Trickster

Essen preorder info http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/342862

Hope you will like it!

Regards
Mariano Iannelli
What's Your Game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fairy Tale new edition
For the couples game, do you simply add the two partner's scores or do you score them as though they were one person?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Iannelli
Germany
berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have first to calculate the score of each player separately, then you will sum the scores of the players that are playing together. The couple with the highest score is the winner.

Regards
Mariano Iannelli
What's Your Game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see the open/close terminology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
frappy wrote:
...we have revised the graphics...

What's the motivation behind this change. It seems that with each successive edition the cards get harder to read. Even the subtle changes made from the original Japanese version (right) to the Z-Man version (left) were a step backward in this regard:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the new design of the cards, although after the clarity of your older edition (which is the one I have) the new icons were a bit confusing at first. I could get used to it, but I don't like how the only difference between the open and close icons is the color (will it work for colorblind people?). Also the you/all icons are too similar. Otherwise, the new artwork is beautiful and very well integrated with the character pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maka wrote:
I could get used to it, but I don't like how the only difference between the open and close icons is the color (will it work for colorblind people?).

I'm colorblind. Based on the colors in the rules, I can figure out which is which if I look very carefully - it may be different on the actual cards. If I were playing with this edition I would essentially memorize which cards did what as far as open/close go so I wouldn't have to figure it out every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also red-green color impaired and can barely tell the difference between open/close. If I stared closely and the room was brightly lit I'd probably be okay, but it's an unfortunate decision nonetheless. I'd probably end up modifying them with a Sharpie, putting dots on the "close" symbols or something. Poor design decision; I'm so sick of the use of color-exclusive components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Iannelli
Germany
berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We hope that in the actual cards the open/close icons will be recognizable also for colorblind people. If not, we really apologize for that. If there will be a new reprint we will surely fix this problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Great looking artwork, but I don't know if I'm too keen on the icons. I'll probably pick it up anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
The cards are missing the distribution of the cards you need.

In the example, by getting rid of the 4/100, you now no longer know that there are four cards of the type you need for that card to score.

A pity to remove that information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Iannelli
Germany
berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the cards have this information as you can see below:
The frequency of the card is reported in the upper left corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Oh, now I see, thanks. Have you considered putting the numbers in the same place relative to the image for both the main image and the related images? Just a thought, as I was looking in the wrong place for the number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Thomas
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have really been considering picking this game up. It looks like a lot of fun. But now that I see the new edition that's coming out I think I may need to wait. The artwork is fantastic, not just in the pictures, but also in the card effects. Not having played this game before, the symbols seem much easier for me to decipher than the previous editions. And I know they will help my wife want to play it, too.

Any chance that there will be a pre-order for this new edition before it is out? I would order it right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Iannelli
Germany
berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a little update on this new edition:

What’s Your Game? will publish the Italian/English version, the German version will be released by Heidelberger Spielverlag, while Lautapelit will publish a Nordic Languages version (Finnish, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian).
We wish to point out that while Zman holds distribution rights of Fairy Tales in USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, they are not involved in this reprint, so this edition won’t be available in the shops of those Countries.

Heidelberger will present and distribute the German version of the game at the Essen Fair, probably on booth 9-108.
A limited number of copies of the English+Italian version will be available at the same booth. We have planned, together with Heidelberger, to open a pre-order email arrangement for the English/Italian version for all those who would like to be sure to pick up their English copy at the Fair.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/342862
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Kalajian Jr
United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I own the Z-Man edition. The iconography on this new print looks terrible. It just doesn't really fit.

Am I alone in thinking this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
rkalajian wrote:
I'm glad I own the Z-Man edition. The iconography on this new print looks terrible. It just doesn't really fit.

No, you're not. I thought the same thing when I first looked at the new cards and their layout. Seems even more confusing than before, though that may just be me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Thomas
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to actually agree with you on this. After comparing the two versions a little more, I think the new version seems a bit more confusing, even though it is nicer looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
rkalajian wrote:

I'm glad I own the Z-Man edition because it's such a great game, but I think this new one looks smashing, and the icons are less blocky than in the Z-Man version. I like that the picture gets more focus on this new edition, which I might buy for just that reason - oh, and the fact that I'll eventually wear out the Z-Man version.

As relates to the iconography, I think this new version should be just as simple to learn as previous editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.