Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
It's not hipster if you were REALLY there!
mbmbmbmbmb
As a widowed Geekette in a small town, I've been wondering if there is a good place to find a good supply of single, intelligent, geeks for friendship or possible dating. Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may seem a strange suggestion, but you may want to check out the Women and Gaming forum here on BoardGameGeek:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/148/forum/1

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I've heard of SoulGeek, but only because they provide space for some webcomics I read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try to find out if there's a local gaming meetup nearby and check it out? Either here or Meetup.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Trumbull
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can try geek2geek.com and/or okcupid.com - both have a fair amount of geeks. Beware though - both have a fair amount of geeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the GeekMail rules about what you CAN'T do in general and if you can't find anything else perhaps a Guild could be created for those interested if the Admins will permit an exception. I doubt they will though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Ummm...Tripp is from Idaho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
Ummm...Tripp is from Idaho.

Sheesh! You got 3 thumbs just for bringing that up? Well, four, including the one I'm anout to give you.

Uhhhh...errrr... now what???

Just kidding. Trust me, the lovely gamer lass would do well to steer a wide berth around me. I have a tragic wake of marriages, ex-girlfriends and other assorted companions trailing behind me. Not to mention, kids ranging from 6 to 30 and scattered across the USA.

But, if your small town is anywhere near my small town we may be able to assemble a game night. Or, perhaps I know someone near you if you're clear "over there".

Send me an email and we'll hook you up with some fellow gamer types.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Also try the BGG dating geeklist:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32179

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edwards
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Nobody asks for a "Grog Dating Forum."

There's probably a reason for that.

"WWII strategic gamer seeks adventerous Groggette who wants to play monster games, watch Black and White documentaries by the fire and is willing to go tactical when the mood strikes. Must have large collection of OOP SPI/AH Games. Historical costumes a big plus. Perhaps we could advance after combat?

No block gamers or freaks, please."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
It's not hipster if you were REALLY there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found out I had a geek email and I wasn';t going to get emails to my real email, so sorry for the delay in responding :)

Yes, there is a very active gaming group here in Moscow, but finding unmarried social geeks in my age range is not very common :) Besides, I don't want people to think I run the club so I can be a vulture and swoop down upon any single guy :) heheehehe (insert your own joke here)

Not had much luck on OK Cupid either.

Seriously, though, a specific discussion board for gamer geek singles might be kinda fun.

I'll check out the links you all offered in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.