Popular Tags: [View All]
Humphrey Clerx
Belgium
Sluizen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yin-phase
1: When a new Ghost is added to the game in the Yin-phase is its ability on the center stone also executed, besides its ability on the left symbol? Or is the ability on the center stone only executed for Ghost(s) that were already present on the board?

2: In the Yin-phase the Haunting Ghosts figurine is moved upwards on the board. First it moves from the card to the first symbol and in a next turn to the second symbol. As soon as it is placed on the second symbol, the first active tile in front of the ghost is haunted. Am I right that it always immediately returns to the card after having been moved onto the second symbol, OR is it only moved back to the card after having haunted a second tile?

Yin-Yang
3: The US translation states that the player can: “either receive aid from any villager without having to be on that villager’s tile, OR it permits the Taoist to flip a haunted tile back to its active side”. This seems to indicate that when the Yin-Yang token is used to make a tile active, he doesn’t get the “aid” from it as well. In the German rules this is not stated as explicitly. So is the action mutual exclusive, or can he both make a tile active and then get its aid as well?

Abilities of the Incarnations
General
4: Are Incarnations affected by the powers that e.g. reduce the resistance (Enfeeblement Mantra), or do the powers and abilities only affect ghosts and not incarnations?

Uncatchable
5: In the rules (under Incarnations of Wu-Feng) it states that: “Incarnations are affected neither by the “Sorcerer’s Hut” tile nor by Buddha’s. An incarnation that comes into play on a space occupied by a Buddha is not eliminated, but the Buddha is still returned to the “Buddhist Temple” tile.” However, under the description of Uncatchable it states the following: “Note: This incarnation is the only one that can be placed on a Buddha figurine even when it comes into play.” So is the note for Uncatchable wrong and can ALL Incarnations enter the game on a space occupied by a Buddha?

Bonecracker
6: Do ALL players have to give back a Tao marker on every turn of the player on which the Incarnation lies, or is only the active player affected? Or is the “Affects All” symbol also indicated on this card/incarnation?

Abilities of the Ghosts
7: The US translation states for the “loss of Tao” symbol that the active player loses 1 Tao marker. The German translation states that ALL players lose 1 Tao marker. Which one is correct? Or is the “Affects All” symbol also always indicated on this card/incarnation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I've only read the rules, but I'll try to help.

1. "Ghosts’ actions" is step 1 of the Yin Phase. "Arrival of a ghost" is step 3. Thus I think the new ghost must wait (and it seems fair, since it already executes the "left stone" effect in this turn).

2. I agree that the sentence may be considered ambiguous, but I think the idea is "one haunt = reset" (the sentence is an IF... THEN... ELSE... and finally, whatever case was applied, reset the figurine).

3. French rules says "get help... OU (i.e. capitalized "or") flip a tile". It think "either... or..." is thus right (besides, it seems fair: if you flip the tile, that's what you've got with the token).

4. Given the answers to Jim's previous thread on rules, I think they are affected as usual (but note the errata corrige: "reduced TO 1 resistance" effects should say "reduced BY 1").

5. Literal translation from French rules of the note under Uncatchable description is (I think, my French is amateurish): "this incarnation is the only one which is affected in part by the Bouddha figurines", so it doesn't mention coming into play. Thus I suppose all Incarnation can enter play where there's a Bouddha figurine (with no ill effect for them).

6. Asked by Jim in the aforementioned thread (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/339020): "The phrase "each turn" for Death Army and Bonecracker means on each player's turn each player suffers the effect, or on his own turn a player suffers the effect?"; the designer answered "Player with the gost on his board only.".

7. French rules use the singular ("the player").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humphrey Clerx
Belgium
Sluizen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. "Ghosts’ actions" is step 1 of the Yin Phase. "Arrival of a ghost" is step 3. Thus I think the new ghost must wait (and it seems fair, since it already executes the "left stone" effect in this turn).

But what if the Ghost Action in Step 1 is to add a new Ghost. Since the Ghost then arrives in the Yin phase, is its "center stone" effect applied as well as its "left stone"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Center Stone effects are applied only for the Ghosts present at the very beginning of your turn, not for the new ones.

toinito
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, my French is bad, but I seem to get the same thing as Luca. Maybe means that the Buddah is not returned immediately? Or is it that once under a Buddah, always under a Buddah?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.