Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DIMITRIOS KANOS
Greece
ALEXANDROUPOLI
EVROS
flag msg tools
mbmb
My wife thinks that it is a little hard to play with a team of 5 characters. She prefers playing with the rules for solitaire play. So, we have a team with four characters and we divide them between us. If two persons are playing, we have two characters, each. If four people are playing, each one of us has one character.

When a card with negative effects comes out, the person that has drawn it must play it immediately. It will affect one random player, but not the one that has drawn it. We roll a die to see who is being affected. If there is noone that can be affected, then the card is staying open, until there is one character that can be affected. We always try to create a rule for the negative cards on these bases.

We are also playing with the campaign rules. Some levels have different rules for the cooperative play.
Level 2: draw five characters instead of four during recruitment phase.
Level 10: the group's maximum adventuring size is 5 characters instead of 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Mateos Maroto
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dimitros!

I also love the coop-games (and his rpg taste, of course) and like you idea, but i think that need more work for works fine.

Some ideas can be taken by other solo variants:

Is possible fix a hand limit (in other post recommended 10 cards). You idea balance a little this, because can be problems even you pick and spell (in the spell damage another group).

There must be an time limitation that cause the movement be another time an advantage (remember hat in solo play thre is'nt problems of arrival the first to acript or come bak to the inn another time you finalize a combat...). ¿A 20 turns doom track is possible? (like the one that exist for runebound). This probably work better than the Characters compsuntion of the official solo variant.

A dark company: If where possible, the must be a dark company that compyte in XP, time and pickpocket us (and i can pickpocket they, of course). ¿A Bot like RftG?.

His possible pjs could be all the pvp pjs (the burner, etc...) and his cards a exclusive maze of pvp inn cards. In thaht form, we can resolve the time limitation, the movement, if the dark company also moves, and the pickpockin rules in solo or coop game.

¿Somewhere can apport ideas?

PD: Yes, i know a lot people don't like a Tomb Coop Variant and enjoy the pvp game, ant all they think that break the omb spirit and bla bla bla. Don't worry, i also love play versus other friends, i just try another form

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Mateos Maroto
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First suggestion: ¡¡¡Learn english!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.