Dan Cassar
United States
Wyndmoor
PA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Inkscape and Paint.NET for image editing (both free) and buy name badge-sized laser labels from OnlineLabels.com and affix them to ordinary playing cards. This results in fairly nice-looking and relatively cheap custom cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Bing
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Cameron!

Do you have access to the Adobe suite?

If so try and import your individual cards onto 1 template page in illustrator that may contain, say 12 cards (3 x 4 on US letter format).

Place your crop (cutting)marks around the 12 cards so you have only 4 vertical cuts and 5 horizontal cuts to make.

Print onto a Satin 175-210 gsm paper (photo quality) available from most outlets selling this kind of stock.

After printing (but before cutting) run each page through a plastic lamination device (that you can find in quick copy outlets in the US I think).

Next, slice up your cards and you'll have a great deck ready for constant use and play testing - and coffee proof!

(Just be careful about using paper too thin and lamination too thick. The plastic lamination may make them curve)

If you know about all of the above then I'm sorry to explain it in such detail, but there may be others out there needing similar advice.

If not, don't hesitate to fire me off a message. We may be able to work things out via an FTP whereby i can provide you with a 'ready-to-print' PDF of your desired cards with crop marks and all!!

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.