Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Betts
England
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One for Uwe probably... I am curious about DR's for vehicles and what gets taken into account.. Most of my previous experience has been with ASL where there are separate 'to hit' and 'for effect' DR's. The to hit DR takes into account things like the target size, if its moving or not and how long it is in LOS... For effect takes into account armor thickness, angle etc etc. Does the DR of vehicles in CoH combine all of these or is it simply about armor thickness / angle ?

Just curious... Will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The DR would take in all of these. I don't really know ASL, but in CoH, if your attack exceeds the defense of the vehicle, the vehicle takes a "hit", and takes a random hit marker, with random effects (including possible destruction, or just light damage, gun damage, immobiliztion, etc.) If your attack exceeds the DR by 4 or higher, than it's an instant kill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Will,
CoH is a little more fluid, allowing T-34s to slip past defenders due to its high speed, etc.

The DR takes into account the vehicle size, armor thickness, steel plate used, average slope angle, among other things.

The FP takes into account the optics, ammo used, ammo "stick" factor when it hits a target, among other things.

The cost to fire takes into account crew training, radio contact, sight of view, manpower, etc. Taken all together, we then compared the statistical bell curves to historical results and tried to overlap the two as much as possible.

I hope this answers the question.
Uwe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.