VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Brewers have no interest in Milwaukee Brewers fans. Honestly, they could give two sh*** about us--or at least two Illinois quarters, that is...

With the upcoming giveaway of the Illinois state quarter collection during the finale of the Cubs v Brewers series, the team has finally come out and stated their target demographic.

Yep, Miller sells more of their beer in Chicagoland than anywhere else, as noted in the Miller Beer Factory tour, which also pleases many of the FIB folks circling the copper kettles.

So, let's recap what we already know:

1) Miller put up a sign a year ago in Wrigleyville which read, "We'd rather have a Pennant Chase than a Sausage Race".

2) The Brewers have purchased ads during Cubs broadcasts, marketing Miller Park to their fans.

3) We're giving away Illinois state quarters during the finale of the homestand versus the Cubbies, our hated rival.

Wow, in light of that, I am asking that they take the MILWAUKEE off the jerseys. They pimp us to our rivals, care more about the sellouts of the Cubs matchups, and less about the fans of the team who paid to build this stadium.

Do not be surprised when Sabathia is gone next year, but it will not have to do with the asinine "small market" concept, because the reality is that our team treats our market as if it involves the second-biggest market in the league. But we would hurt that market share if we keep C.C. or Prince, or bring in a bigtime manager... because we would be a threat to our key demographic.

This is Wrigley North, but we don't have to stand for it. Boycott the BREWERS now!!! Yost is a puppet, the team is a Miller Beer marketing tool, and the city ought to be ashamed at our "not ready for prime time" performance.

Christian on the North Side
(five minutes from Miller Park)

OR, let's see a silver shower of quarters on that night onto the field, in a riotous event which will rival the "disco demolition night" at old Comiskey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't we too busy hating the freaking Cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you drank anything from Miller? Trust me, they're punishing Chicago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Marlowe_PI wrote:
Aren't we too busy hating the freaking Cards?

I will ALWAYS hate the CARDINALS.

In fact, in my office cubicle I have a 1982 Brewers World Series Champs pennant...

But, the rivalry with Chicago (used to be violent with the Sox too) is much more heated in Milwaukee. Proximity plus a lack of social skills on the part of the flatlanders have combined to create a brouhaha of infinite scale...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:

Miller products are exponentially better than anything Budweiser produces. So, that isn't true.

Sure, the maintream product line isn't worthy of comparison to micros or imports in any way. But if you know beer, you can't say that. It sounds more like something spoken at the Republican Convention.

But I digress..

*FYI: I have sampled thousands of types and categories of beer from around the world, and had considered an offer to be a delegate to the "UN of Beer", representing Milwaukee by writing reviews of bars, pubs, and brews...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
erak wrote:

Miller products are exponentially better than anything Budweiser produces. So, that isn't true.

Sure, the maintream product line isn't worthy of comparison to micros or imports in any way. But if you know beer, you can't say that. It sounds more like something spoken at the Republican Convention.

But I digress..

*FYI: I have sampled thousands of types and categories of beer from around the world, and had considered an offer to be a delegate to the "UN of Beer", representing Milwaukee by writing reviews of bars, pubs, and brews...

I can't believe you guys are even having this conversation on this site of all places.

C'mon, this is a site dedicated to German Board games. We play and import these games because we know they are better than the American counterparts we have here.

I'm only going to say, that this dominance in quality is not exclusive to board games......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cordially invite all of you to Madison next summer. You can watch our beloved Mallards defeat the despised (for purposes of drumming up a fictional BGG Wisconsin intra-state Southern Northwoods League rivalry) Eau Claire Express.

Even if there's no sausage race, they have real beer at Mallards games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know of Eau Claire (lived there for 10 years) and of quality beer.

READING is fundamental. I said that there isn't a comparison to imports.

Hell, I had my first Guinness in Belfast, N.I.

I don't purchase anthing which isn't a micro or an import, although I will drink a misnamed pilsner from the states if that is all that there is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, in response to this story, there's only one other marginally outraged Brewer fan around BGG..?

(marginally doesn't apply to me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, Chris, Cubs here. cool

I'm actually coming to town next weekend, but, barring a minor miracle or outright theft, scoring tickets to the Cubs-Cards series probably ain't gonna happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
What rivalry?

There is no rivalry between the Cubs, who helped to charter the National League in 1876 and the Brewers, an American League expansion team that's not even as old as I am. And it's only been in the Cubs' league (Senior Circuit) for about the length of time it's been since I last purchased underwear.

Pffffft! Nothing the Brewers do matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
So, in response to this story, there's only one other marginally outraged Brewer fan around BGG..?

(marginally doesn't apply to me)

I'm a Tigers fan. I would be thoroughly outraged if they did an Illinois State Quarter giveaway at a Tiger game. But since it's happening to a team I'm not a fan of, I find it humorous. Ridiculous and humorous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
You just want me to react, don't you? cool

The last time I was at an Express game was . . . oh, wait . . I've never been to one.

Just because I had to look the team up and have only been to a handful of games doesn't mean that they're not my avowed and hated intrastate baseball enemies. Or that the beer isn't good.

Thanks for obliging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.