Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Kurek
United States
Trenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello all. I have a question about the dynamite item card. It says that zombies are killed on a roll of 2+ (or 3+...don't remember), and heroes are killed on a roll of 5+. It seems like zombie heroes could be considered "zombies" and "heroes"... What do you need to roll to kill a zombie hero?

Is there an official ruling on this? I've looked everywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dispatcher
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie heros count as zombies for all intents and purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For reference, this is covered in the Zombie Heroes section on page 19 of the rulebook. Relevant quotes:

"If a card used on a Zombie Hero says that the Zombie is 'Killed', automatically fill all of their remaining Health boxes with Wound Markers."

"Just like a living Hero, when the last Health box is filled, the Zombie Hero is killed and removed from the game (Zombie Heroes are never placed in the Zombie Pool)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kurek
United States
Trenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Dispatcher. Is that in the rules anywhere? I'm just curious where that comes from.

John, I already know the difference between cards that say "killed" and "wounded". I'm asking about the specific dynamite card that has a different roll threshold for heroes and zombies (which can be confusing when working with a zombie hero). Thanks anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I thought there was a line in the rulebook basically saying "when applicable, zombie heroes are treated as zombies" but I don't see it in there. It's either in Growing Hunger and/or Jason posted it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
sometimes i think people let me win just so they can hear my lengthy victory speeches
mb
from HQ in a previous post:

It is worth noting that any card that says that it "Kills" a zombie actually fills all the remaining Wound slots on a Zombie Hero and CAN kill them outright.

- Jason

Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kurek
United States
Trenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Jody. Not to be rude, but you should read posts a little more carefully before posting advice. That bit of info doesn't help me much. Thanks though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
sometimes i think people let me win just so they can hear my lengthy victory speeches
mb
you are absolutely right, my mistake, got sidetracked with your other responses i guess.

let me make up for it.
"zombies work just like normal zombies"
"..are never considered to be a hero in any way"
page 19, zombie heroes.

i can't interpret it in any other way; it is a normal zombie die roll for the zombie hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kurek
United States
Trenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, Jody!

That definitely clears it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.