1 Posts

D-Day (3rd edition)» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Zappa
United States
flag msg tools
D-Day, February, Leo versus Dan: Another eBay acquisition, Dan and I sat down last month and gave this old AH classic a quick spin. We could not complete the game, as one of Dan’s little recruits, Private Ryan (his youngest son, Ryan) decided he had had enough that day, forcing an early end to the campaign. However, for the four or five turns that we could play, it was a fun experience.

Dan commanded the Allied forces and I commanded the dreaded Nazi defenders. Dan, as usual, tried a radical strategy. Instead of invading in France, he attempted a more direct route and invaded Holland. If he could establish a foothold here, he might have wrapped up a victory in 1944, especially as many of my troops, including some of my best panzer divisions, were in France preparing for the expected invasion of Normandy. His plan was in grave danger however, as the supply capacity of the hexes he captured in his initial invasion could not support a very large force. His problems multiplied as a major assault of his went bad, with huge losses including a number of US armored divisions. I was able to rush half a dozen panzer divisions in to close off the beach head and attempt to drive him back into the sea.

We had to stop before we got any farther, but I think Eisenhower would have had his work cut out to expand that beach head enough to launch a breakout. It was beginning to look a lot like another Anzio.

FINAL SCORE: Incomplete.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.