United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A
badge
ɥɔʇıןƃ ʎʇıןɐǝɹ
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the second Presidential election in a row I've had my car vadalized.

Back in '04 I had several Kerry stickers unceremoniously peeled off my bumper (I put a new one on each time the old one got torn off), and my truck got keyed.

Yesterday someone took a Sharpie to my Obama sticker and went 'outside the lines' all over my bumper.

Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat R
United States
Peculiar
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time I did not put Kerry stickers on my car. This time I am taking the chance.
I just had yard signs. People stold several. I just got new ones. So much for their religious convictions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
lizardbaby wrote:
Last time I did not put Kerry stickers on my car. This time I am taking the chance.
You are aware Kerry isn't running this time around?

Well then, sounds like a safe time to sport a Kerry sticker then isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat R
United States
Peculiar
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
lizardbaby wrote:
You are aware Kerry isn't running this time around?

Damn it! I am so poorly informed. No wonder that guy sold them too me so cheap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:
This is the second Presidential election in a row I've had my car vadalized.

Back in '04 I had several Kerry stickers unceremoniously peeled off my bumper (I put a new one on each time the old one got torn off), and my truck got keyed.

Yesterday someone took a Sharpie to my Obama sticker and went 'outside the lines' all over my bumper.

Nice!

They're just upset that you aren't giving out equal bumper time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
It drove me nuts that my stepson's teacher was telling him that the rioters in front of the RNC shouldn't have been tear gassed and arrested. Behavior like this just can't be tolerated. A political viewpoint doesn't justify crime.

Seems to me the RNC and the city did just that when they restricted freedom of assembly.

That being said, your kid's teacher is an asshat who doesn't know what education is. A real teacher would have asked the students:
- why people were rioting
- whether the police response was proportional
- what the two say about politics in America
Good teachers don't tell their students anything, they help them discover things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
tommynomad wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
It drove me nuts that my stepson's teacher was telling him that the rioters in front of the RNC shouldn't have been tear gassed and arrested. Behavior like this just can't be tolerated. A political viewpoint doesn't justify crime.

Seems to me the RNC and the city did just that when they restricted freedom of assembly.

That being said, your kid's teacher is an asshat who doesn't know what education is. A real teacher would have asked the students:
Good teachers don't tell their students anything, they help them discover things abuse their trust by asking leading questions that are biased toward the teacher's own political viewpoint whilst feigning neutrality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Mosier
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommynomad wrote:
Shushnik wrote:

Good teachers don't tell their students anything, they help them discover things.

Ok, first of all, the RNC has nothing to do with law enforcement. That was the police. Period.

Second of all, they did not go around tear gassing and arresting everyone who was protesting. They only went after the small group of anarchists that go to every convention and just break windows and loot stores. Freedom of assembly does not equal freedom of property damage. Those idiots deserve to get gassed and arrested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommynomad wrote:
Shushnik wrote:

Because they're asshats.

Quote:

Absolutely.

Quote:

Nothing: this is a law-enforcement question; not a political one.

ejmowrer wrote:
Good teachers don't tell their students anything, they abuse their trust by asking leading questions that are biased toward the teacher's own political viewpoint whilst feigning neutrality.

See what I did there? I demonstrated faith in my students' ability to think for themselves. Seems to me they'll as likely give the above answers as any others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:
[..]Yesterday someone took a Sharpie to my Obama sticker and went 'outside the lines' all over my bumper.
If I lived in your country, I would shoot him

O-isntthatallowed?

But seriously, that sucks. Great day for freedom, that bastard really 'got' it, you know, democracy 'n'all.
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
tommynomad wrote:
tommynomad wrote:
Shushnik wrote:

Because they're asshats.

Quote:

Absolutely.

Quote:

Nothing: this is a law-enforcement question; not a political one.

ejmowrer wrote:
Good teachers don't tell their students anything, they abuse their trust by asking leading questions that are biased toward the teacher's own political viewpoint whilst feigning neutrality.

See what I did there? I demonstrated faith in my students' ability to think for themselves. Seems to me they'll as likely give the above answers as any others.

I asked my kid some questions today so he could learn to think for himself.

What do you think you should eat for breakfast? "Doughnuts and candy!"

Should you brush your teeth afterwards? "No"

Why do you think people brush their teeth? "Because they're ass hats"

Look at what he discovered for himself. He's so SMART now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Mosier
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
I had a "Vote Mr Skeletor" sticker on my car once, but was forced to remove it as I got tired of running over people who were bowing in subjectation before it.

Holy crap, I laughed out loud at that one. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.