Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Okay, the action space on the family version says: "Starting players and storehouse 1 food".

My question is can I, having the starting player token, take the starting player action just so to prevent other players from taking it?

I always played that you could, but this morning I realized you are not allowed to take an action if you can't execute it and this seems to me an action you can't execute if you have the starting player token already.

Now if the action would be "and/or" it would be different and you are fine, but it is just "and'.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
you are not allowed to take an action if you can't execute it

The start player action is always executable, even if you already are the start player. Just take the start player token from yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "longer" version of this action space would be "Starting player action for next round + take some food".

If you are the starting player for THIS round, this doesn't prevent you from taking the action which enables you to be the starting player for the NEXT round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.