Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I found these things in the rules that are not completely clear to me ... i would really appreciate if anyone could help please
1. The rules say [6.3]: "For example, an expedition on foot that moved from hex 0310 to 0611 using hasty movement would expend 6 hours".
To do so, you have to include terrain in 0410 (flat, mountains, hill), 0511 (flat, hill) and 0611 (flat, light vegetation). Along [6.7] you are supposed to count all terrains included in the hexes which means 1+2+3(6 hours to get through 0410), 1+2 (3 hours to pass 0611) and finally 1+0 (1 hour for 0611). That makes 10 hours in total.
I am i counting wrongly?

2. When i'm leaving a previously explored cave to explore the surface hex the cave leads in, do i have to include the cave to the time expediture for exploration of the hex(1412)?

3. Paragraph 117. "All alien city hexes are considered glacial ice hexes"
Do i understand well that for the exploration/movement time expediture i have to include all these - flat, glacial ice and alien city?

4. Let's say i found an alien weapon in this alien city but my crew was silly enough not to pick it up. Can i explore the same hex again in this case?

thank you
Jan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D.
United States
Suquamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the errata posted in this forum, it at least answers your first question (the example appears to be correct, you only count the worst terrain, not all of it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Dert

Sopot
msg tools
Ad.4
No. You can explore an alien city hex twice only if nothing has been discovered previously - Rules 6.2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.