4 Posts

Axis & Allies» Forums » General

Subject: watching out for pieces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robi Rob
Croatia
flag msg tools
do you have any special methods regarding the pieces and their safekeeping, especially during the game (drunk comrades, small tables and other "risky" factors)?

i was thinking of getting 5 small plastic pots of some sort, and hand them out to each player so to keep their armies in them during the play. but they would have to be just the right size, so to be able to fit in the box, but then again to be able to hold all the pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try getting six Plano model 3449-7 storage boxes - one for each country, and one for the shared pieces (ICs, AA guns, chips, etc.). They will fit in the game box if you arrange everything just right. You get them at most sporting goods stores in the fishing department.

The box has seven compartments - 3 large and 4 small. I put the units in the compartments as follows:
1 (small) - bombers
2 (small) - fighters
3 (large) - infantry
4 (large) - tanks and artillery
5 (large) - battleships, carriers and destroyers
6 (small) - transports and subs
7 (small) - control markers

and for the shared pieces:
1 (small) - flight markers
2 (small) - marshaling circles
3 (large) - grey chips
4 (large) - red chips
5 (large) - grey chips
6 (small) - industrial complexes
7 (small) - AA guns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin's idea is great, and I use the Plano boxes for many of my games, however I have not gotten around to doing this for Axis and Allies yet.

For my original Axis and Allies, I still use the Styrofoam trays that originally came with it, they work pretty well so long as you don't intend to travel with the game or turn the box upside down, etc., but if it is going to remain on a shelf and be taken down for game play once in awhile, that works fine.

For the revised version, the plano boxes probably are the best way to go, but right now mine are in the zip lock sandwich bags with the 'zipper' to seal them... The bags are kind of hard to find, usually I can only find the large gallon bags with zippers, but they do make smaller ones.

The last time I was in Wal-Mart they had rubbermaid boxes that were 'knock offs' on the plano ones, they were $3.99 each.

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerard K.
Netherlands
Zwolle
Overijsel
flag msg tools
But that would have everyone's units in the same box. Not optimal during the game.

I use 5 small boxes for all the armies. So everyone has his army handy with smaller risk of losing them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.