Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Kenney
United States
New Milford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Gotta catch 'em all!
badge
I like shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our game days seem to follow a pattern: the guys get together and dive into the geekiest games we can find, while our significant others wait patiently for us to finish, or at the least play RoboRally. This time I was determined to bring at least one game that everyone could play and enjoy. Of course, it wound up only being me, my friend K, and his girlfriend A, but we played Split nonetheless.

The first round went a little shakily at first while they learned the rules and figured out how they could mess with other players. I was lucky and avoided any negative points while A and K targeted one another. A went out, leaving K and me with 2 or 3 cards each in our hands.

The second round started off much more slowly. I think maybe one or two pairs hit the tables for several turns, and the discard pile didn't go past 3 cards or so. Finally it got to my turn and I decided to unleash some annoying combos (maybe combos is a bit of a stretch) I'd been saving, only to realize that, of the 9 cards I had in my hand I had 4 pairs. I dropped 'em all, discarded and just giggled myself silly. 9 negative boxes each, and they were not particularly pleased to hear that I hadn't even planned that.

The third and final round saw everyone striking a much more even balance. Pairs came fairly often. A went out first again and, despite my appearance of a sizeable lead in the second round, she wound up winning the game by a solid margin and K, despite the three full rows of negative boxes, was not far behind me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife found a decent copy for $1. It has nice components and it is fun. I like it better than Sequence. I would not refuse a game in a casual settting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kenney
United States
New Milford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Gotta catch 'em all!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
My wife found a decent copy for $1. It has nice components and it is fun. I like it better than Sequence. I would not refuse a game in a casual settting.

It's a fun little game to break out once in a while, particularly with non-gamers. Can't beat that price, either. Got mine new for $2 when KB toys was clearing out inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kenney
United States
New Milford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Gotta catch 'em all!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turns out we were actually playing the Revised Edition of Split. Whoops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.