Subject: Operation Damocles Initiation Set rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Abe S.
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
I am very much a newbie at AT-43, I've just picked up the Operation Damocles Initiation Set at Gen Con and I've played through all of the scenarios in the basic rulebook that comes with the set....exept Mission 5: Against The Clock.

The win condition for the White Stars is to destroy two generators before 6 rounds are up, getting two units, one unit of three Steel Troopers all with a Laser Rifle and Combat Knife, the second unit of four Steel Troopers, also equiped with Laser Rifles and Combat Knives. The white stars can also get a Fire Toad by pressing a switch somewhere on the map.

Here's the problem, we were introduced to generators in the previous mission, but then the white stars had their locked shot Missile Launchers that could just destroy them on a roll of 3+ and be done with it. In this mission, the White Stars have no Missile Launchers, and no defense value or saving throw or anything of the kind is given for weapons other than Missile Launchers attacking the generators. The White Stars can get some Missile launchers, but they come as reinforcements, and the White Stars can only get them if a unit is eliminated, so the Therians only have to sit on their butts all day, twiddling their thumbs until the White Stars lose.

So am I missing something? Is it a mistake on the part of the rulebook writer? Are the White Stars supposed to kill each other? I'd like it if an experienced AT-43 player could answer these questions for me, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's been a while since I played that scenario, but I think UNA's first objective is to get to the switch to get the Fire Toad reinforcement. Then with the FT's lasers, UNA can attack the generators.

Again, not sure, but I think that's how we played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe S.
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Well, like I said there are no stats for defense of the generators, so we have no way of knowing if an attack fails or succcedes.

I only have the basic rulebook so if someone could answer these questions that would help.

Are regular weapons able to attack generators?

If so, is there a defense value for them, or is something else used to determine whether or not you destroy it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
A Firetoad can destroy a Nanoresource Generator on a 3+ roll for damage.

Mike Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe S.
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, but is there a roll to hit or is it just automatic? Basically the basic rulebook gives no information on exactly how it is that you destroy a generator other than with a locked shot rocket launcher.

Is it only the Firetoads that can destroy a generator or can a Steel Trooper do it? If it is only the Firetoads, why is that? If anything can attack a generator how do you determine if they succede or fail?

I enjoy the game a lot and this scenario looks fun, but I need to know exactly how it is that you destroy a generator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
You roll to-hit as normal. ie, you check the range from the Firetoad to the nanoresource generator and look at the chart on the back of the bookk.

The nanoresource generator has a armor value of 11 and 1 structural point. The Firetoad has a damage rating of 14/1. 14-11 is 3. Looking on the Uniform Table of Resoultion, shows that you need a 3+ to kill the nanoresource generator.

Regular Steel Troops can not harm the nanoresource generator as their damage value is too low.

Mike Z
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe S.
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, that's all I needed to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.