Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I read something about this ruling before, but I can't find it...

If you have the motorcycle in Arkham and then take the train to Dunwich, is your character still presumed to have the motorcycle and the associated benefits? It makes sense to me that you should have to leave the motorcycle at the train station when departing for Dunwich - (meaning that you would not get the movement bonus in Dunwich). You should then be able to use the motorcycle again when you return to Arkham (or more specifically, to the train station). Following this line of thought, I guess the paddywagon should be treated the same way, no?

Please let me know if I am right, or if this has been addressed differently in another part of the forum, or in an official FAQ. Thanks!

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
While that makes logical sense, within the game it just counts as an item so it would stay with you. The investigator must just be extremely strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I guess I see your point. While that seems a bit weird, you're probably right. Thanks for the quick reply!

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SouthernMan wrote:
If the motorcycle can't get from Arkahm to Dunwich then it's probably just a moped which will fit nicely in the train carriage .

That would totally shatter my mental image of "The Handyman" - he just doesn't seem like the moped type. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it helps, just think of it as riding the motorcycle to Dunwich. The $1 pays for tolls along the way, and the highway follows the railroad tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Cole
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you can argue how it fits the theme one way or the other but the Motorcycle (or indeed paddywagon) would travel with you one way or another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SouthernMan wrote:
ghost81 wrote:
Yeah, you can argue how it fits the theme one way or the other but the Motorcycle (or indeed paddywagon) would travel with you one way or another.

I thought I saw on the FFG Arkham forum that the paddywagon can actually be used to move between Arkham and Dunwich (and Kingsport).

Don't forget: Outer Worlds! Cruising through the forest of Dark Young on a motorcycle. Imagine.

With most combinations of vehicles, you can justify having them together: Sedanette inside of the Patty Wagon? Sure. Motorcycle in the trunk of the Sedanette? Weird you're still getting the 2 movement points but whatever. The only vehicle situation I've booed was two motorcycles. What, do you sling one over your shoulder or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.