Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Leader Loss table changed to reflect 2nd edition change (no change in 3rd edition)

New "Seniority" list for breaking various ties

Tyche Card notes removed.

Combined Legitimacy/Prestige tables

Added Movement Point Cost and Movement Allowance tables, although on different sides of the card.

Added Interception table.

Removed Determining Battle Strength summary.

Removed Royal Family Markers graphic.

Added an area delineation map (Africa/Asia/Europe/Islands). Not sure why this isn't on the actual map.

Removed Forage Limits table (note that Forage Limits on Major Cities was reduced to 8 in the 2nd edition)

Added copies of the Siege, Attrition, and Unrest tables (all found on the mapboard) on the player aid card.

Reinforcement and Siege/Subjugation summaries removed.

Added a reminder that High Rolls Are Good.

Note that the Attrition Table and Unrest Table have changed from 1st/2nd edition.

All in all, a mixed bag for me in terms of changes. Delineating the various meta-areas on the map would have allowed keeping the play summaries, which were useful. The Interception and Movement Allowance tables seem unnecessary. Table heading fonts, colors and sizes are different on one side of the card than the other. I also question the efficacy of printing tables on both the map and the player aid card, but assume there was some player feedback on the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.