Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use "visited link" functionality to keep track of games I'm interested in following on BGG. I have a Firefox extension that allows me to toggle this property. The result of this is that the only visited links that appear in my Recently Viewed list and Recent Additions pages are those that I want to view that way (ie I turn off the visited status for games that view, but then decide to ignore).

This system is somewhat broken now because BGG uses 2 different URL's (game and boardgame) in various places. This has been reported, and is yet uncorrected. While steaming over this again today (yes, I steam over every flaw every day), I thought it might be a good idea for users to be able to flag games (and maybe other things) with arbitrary icons that appear (optionally) all over BGG.

For example, I could create a flag type called "Interesting" and associate the with it. So my Recently Viewed list might look like:

Battlestar Galactica
Backgammon
Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! - Russia 1941-1942
Thurn and Taxis
Palastgeflüster
Wabash Cannonball

The empty star is simply a placehold for a "no icon" space. The icons would be defined by BGG, and might simply be a set of different colored stars. They would appear in all places where games are listed, including review and session report modules, as well as when viewing other users' collections (you would see your OWN icons applied).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this idea and would use it regularly. When I come across a game that I want to look into a little more I add it to my wishlist. But then I have wishlist games that aren't really on my wishlist. Another flag that would tag a game as 'I need to look into this one a little more' would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.