Ryan Sears
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone. New user here and this is my first post on BGG. I found this deal and had to share.

Amazon has the Battlestar Galactica game listed for $26.37 with their pre-order price guarantee and free shipping. This is the best deal that I've seen for it.

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Board-Corey-Konie...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Chen
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
This looks tasty...
badge
Yuck!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game preorder on Amazon $26.37 w/ Free Shipping.
there's also Red Novemberon pre-sale that's cheaper than TH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Mendel
United States
westminster
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game preorder on Amazon $26.37 w/ Free Shipping.
thanks for the heads up!

I dove in for one!

Gantrell
"KMG365"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG and thanks for posting. It isn't helpfull for me though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered the game. let's hope it rocks as much as I've been hearing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one's been up before--I know because I posted it--but it's worth a repeat, especially given the bump the MSRP of this game'll get as part of FFG's scheduled price hikes in November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gittes wrote:
Ordered the game. let's hope it rocks as much as I've been hearing.

It does. Maybe even more than you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Martinez
United Kingdom
Brentwood
flag msg tools
Quote:
And because they ship internationally (a guy in our group bought one 'cos he missed the Amazon UK batch) - plus at that price it sneaks in under the UK customs limit when they look at hitting you with duty.

Tom,

How much is the customs limit when sending game to the UK from abroad?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it okay to post a link to Amazon with a referral link included? Shouldn't BGG be getting any referral, and not the poster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sears
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there was a referral ID in that Amazon link, it was purely by accident. I copied the url directly from Amazon, not through another site. In any case, I've updated the url in the original post.

If BGG has an Amazon referral link, please let me know and I will update the original post again to reflect that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I canceled my preorder yesterday(low on cash atm), thinking oh I have time to pick it up again. This morning I check Amazon and they raised the price to $40!!!

Kickin' myself!

EDIT*** Overstock still has it for $25.67 so bite before it goes up...
NO longer kicking myself cuz I picked it back up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SouthernMan wrote:
photophilia wrote:
Quote:
And because they ship internationally (a guy in our group bought one 'cos he missed the Amazon UK batch) - plus at that price it sneaks in under the UK customs limit when they look at hitting you with duty.

Tom,

How much is the customs limit when sending game to the UK from abroad?

thanks

£18 is generally accepted as your 'free' limit before tax hits it - which is why offshore companies like Play.com usually have their specials set at £17.99

Note that for gifts (i.e. non-commercial goods) the limit is £36.00.

Which is why it is important that geek traders (and secret santas!) make sure they get their customs declaration made out correctly.

Also note that this does not apply to goods coming from with the EU - there is no charge for importing from another EU country to the UK.
You may already know this - but I am constantly surprised by folk that don't.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Cooper
United Kingdom
Gateshead
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon sent out order cancellation/approval emails for BSG today:

Quote:
Delayed items--your approval required
Items Ordered Approve
Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game, Corey Konieczka (Designer)
Your approval required by: November 29, 2008

We will still try to dispatch the above item(s) by the approval required by date(s). If this is not possible, and we have not received your approval for the delay by the date(s) listed above, we will cancel this part of your order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
strangecolours wrote:
Amazon sent out order cancellation/approval emails for BSG today:

Quote:
Delayed items--your approval required
Items Ordered Approve
Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game, Corey Konieczka (Designer)
Your approval required by: November 29, 2008

We will still try to dispatch the above item(s) by the approval required by date(s). If this is not possible, and we have not received your approval for the delay by the date(s) listed above, we will cancel this part of your order.

I haven't received an email like that (yet), and my account still shows an expected shipping date of 6-12 November.

This may mean that they have received a shipment, but not enough to satisfy all the pre-orders they had. This seems a likely scenario - I certainly hope it is so, as it means some of us are still in luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They always send those approval emails when they haven't shipped your order in a long time. It isn't a cancellation unless you don't respond. Just approve it and your order will stand for a few more months.

That said, I'm starting to lose hope that they'll actually stock any of their Fantasy Flight stuff. They should have Black Goat of the Woods by now, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Nanes
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the email as well. I'm going to stick with it for a bit since the price was good, but the Black Goat of the Woods not shipping is disturbing.

begin /conspiracytheory
Amazon doesn't want to honor the super low price, so they just won't stock it? Great way to get out of a mistake...
end /conspiracytheory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.