1 Posts

Blokus» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Wilson
United States
flag msg tools
When Carrie and I arrived, we found Jim, Heather and Alice already involved in a game of Blokus, so we sat down to watch the proceedings. I haven't played the game before myself, so I'm afraid this report might be a bit sketchy, but here goes.

They were playing a three player game, so the fourth color, yellow, was controlled by each of them in turn. Thus Jim would play a yellow tile on yellow's turn, and on yellow's next turn Heather would play a tile, then Alice would, and Jim again, etc. When I had arrived the game was already past the half-way point. But I did arrive in time to see Jim place a piece that cut Heather off of a sizeable section of the board. Yellow was the first to be abandoned, and Alice and Heather both found themselves trying to pick through the leftovers to find places for their remaining pieces. Jim, meanwhile, continued to try to place his pieces in the spaces where the other two were playing, saving his blocked out portion of the board for last. Finally both Alice and Heather had to abandon their colors, having no further place to play any pieces, at which point Jim carefully placed his last remaining tiles, ending with the one unit single square. This gave Jim a convincing win, with Heather and Alice, themselves separated by one unit, trailing Jim by quite a bit.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.