United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb

Ugh! This morning's Columbus Dispatch said if you don't have power now, it might be six days until you do. I'm going to have to start grilling up large quantities of thawing meat here pretty soon. Strange...that sounded like I meant that as a bad thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barbecue at Matt's!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll bring potato salad. I'll start paddling upstream right away and might make it in a week or two.

I normally park here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good. I'll start unloading the meat and get it on the grill. There's a rule in my abstract of title that I can't render chickens "in town" but it doesn't specifically mention killing hogs. Maybe I'll just spit one up and let it get nice and tender while we all play some games.

Can someone bring some extra chairs and some sandwich buns?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that yesterday was the first time our school had to take a day off because of rain.

We don't really live in a flood zone, but 11 inches of rain in two days and we're seeing standing water where there never was any.

Oh, and my CAR leaks! my stupid car was dripping water onto the passenger seat. I've never had that before!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
but 11 inches of rain in two days

Good thing you've got that boat for the dogs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was Lemont rain, Drew. Came in from the Pacific on a cold front around the same time. Dumped six inches(!) on Chicago Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GAWD wrote:
I grew up in Florida, and I've been amazed at how poorly AEP has responded to the outages in Columbus. They clearly weren't prepared to respond to a wide spread wind event,

A major cause of the poor response locally is because many of the local crews were sent to Texas and other points south to aid in the cleanup. So AEP, DP&L, and the rest are short on crews.

And then of course you have to add in the beautifully timed cold-front that made a usual non-event (a hurricane remnant blowing through) into actual chaos. Couple that with Ohio's antiquated (50-60's era) electrical infrastructure, and it all adds up to trouble.

We were lucky where I'm at, the ice storm that savaged us a few years back pretty much eliminated all the weak trees, structures, etc, so there wasn't much left for the wind to tear down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.