Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Levin
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the online retailers indicate that this will be available in October. I was just curious if anyone knew whether that meant the first half of the month or the second. Will it be after Essen?

Just simple obsessive curiosity, is all. This game looks great and I have it pre-ordered at ThoughtHammer. But, I did something I never do, which was to order it with two other games (to get free shipping) and now those other two games are available and waiting for this one.

Thus the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It'll be for Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
It'll be for Essen.

That's good for those in Essen...

The real question is when does the boat arrive on US shores?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
As Jay has indicated elsewhere:

Quote:
Sorry about the September 15th typo - yes, the correct date for arrival in the US is
the week of October 15th. Thus, the game will release in the US and in Europe at
about the same time. Thanks.

In Europe it comes out at Essen, which starts October 23rd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
In Europe it comes out at Essen, which starts October 23rd.

And games are frequently delayed for Essen, which means it might not even be there the first couple of days - which again means that it won't make the shores of USA until 2009.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Levin
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
As Jay has indicated elsewhere:

Quote:
the correct date for arrival in the US is the week of October 15th.

Thanks, I didn't come across that particular quote. Really looking forward to this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In response to Mik's comment. It is true that games whose lead publisher is a European company often have English release dates well behind the German. This is usually due to the German publisher's focus on getting their version out for Essen. Others sometimes have to wait. In this case, Dominion's lead publisher is Rio Grande Games. We have scheduled the print run to occur next week and the games will be shipped to the US immediately after production to arrive here in mid-October. As I know my partners want the game released at Essen, I have made sure their versions will be ready in time. In the end, the issue is about planning and taking care of one's partners. I do hope eveyone enjoys the game.

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riogames wrote:
In response to Mik's comment. It is true that games whose lead publisher is a European company often have English release dates well behind the German. This is usually due to the German publisher's focus on getting their version out for Essen. Others sometimes have to wait. In this case, Dominion's lead publisher is Rio Grande Games.

Just want to point out that my comment on games delayed for Essen, was not targeted at non-German publishers. It is not uncommon to have to wait for German releases as well. Either because the game was delayed at the printers (because more 'important' customers had priority) or because the boxes were delayed in shipping.

But I am pleased to hear that the game will be ready in time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.