Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sebastian Chavez
United States
South San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mb
hello ! this is the first time I post , anything here at this site even though I use it quite alot , well here is my question (might be my problem) lol , I have had a game group of young High schoolers from our Private christioan school here in the Bay Area SF , we have played everything under the sun , though this year has been a slow one less students (because of economy) , we still have our Friday die hards that come and play everthing from FG games to you name it , but the crowd gets skinny and I'm loney to play with someone my age (53) LOLOL , anyway I been interested in solo wargaming , I have a couple that were given to me by Parents, one is Iron Tide I just got it opened and it is pertty hard for me to get into (novice) , also have Lock and Load WaW , got to place this solo this last weekened (I like it ) , now want to know whats out thier for the solo guy, stuff that I really can get into. I love Roman History , and some WW 2 stuff , but needs to be simple so I can get from thier into Iron Tide something of a Turtor type of game simple thanks seb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the geek forums!

While I'm not a wargamer, you should check out this geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/12949

It seems to be what you're looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG! Iron Tide is a keeper and not that complex once you sit down and play a little. I actually would not place it any higher than World At War. Of course, it is more operational in scale, which requires a different approach than tactical games like WaW.

Anyway, if you love ancient Romans then you probably should start out with something like one of these: Four Battles of the Ancient World, Battles of the Ancient World Volume II, Battles of the Ancient World Volume III. They are simple and play well solo. A step up would probably be Ancient Battles Deluxe and then maybe on to the ultimate in SPQR (Deluxe Edition).

All of these, including Iron Tide, are fine to play solo. Heck, I can even play Commands & Colors: Ancients solo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.