United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
We now return you to your regularly scheduled program. That is all.

It feels strange bringing my razor into work to recharge it. Maybe I should just come to work in my jammies and iron my work clothes in the bathroom.

soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
You got work?! Luxury.

Where in Ohio?

Well, I got power back at home sometime time late on Monday. I have a gas water heater so I've not been without hot water. Internet just came up from home this morning. Monday I was forced to drive 20 miles to my favorite game store for power and wifi access. All the local wifi coffee shops with power were overflowing.

Many places in Louisville are still without power, including my office. Our regional HQ is in Dayton or Cincinnati and they've been without power also. I received a text msg this AM saying the sales team is expected to be prepared to report for work when the power comes back up.

Jeez, If I had known I hadn't been expected to return to work for the past two days, I'd have taken a trip somewhere. Too late now, I'm on call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the river that flooded us is supposed to crest today. Something to do with all the people upstream screwing us by opening their dams. So if I stop posting it's because my building (which is technically under the river now) has filled up and I'm floating in a dark, damp tomb.

Have a nice day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
Where in Ohio?

Columbus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
I guess the river that flooded us is supposed to crest today. Something to do with all the people upstream screwing us by opening their dams. So if I stop posting it's because my building (which is technically under the river now) has filled up and I'm floating in a dark, damp tomb.

Have a nice day.

I have to admit though, it could have been much worse and just being without power isn't all that bad in the big scheme of things. I'd hate to be flooded. You should head up river and give those dam people a good slap in the face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Per my own thread... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/340804 ...this has been just an inconvenience for me and three days off from work. So far there is no ruling on with/without pay.

In the long view, since a chunk of my pay is commission based, I'd have rather been working and selling. The ramifications of this storm are likely to impact my income for months.

Richard, my gamer friend, has half of a tree on top of one corner of his house and part of another one on his garage. Another friend of mine watched his pre-fab garage lift up, spin around and drop like the farmhouse in the Wizard of Oz. Another friend of mine can't get any sleep due to the sound of the generator he bought running outside his window.

Overall, in the Ohio Valley, we are all grateful that we were just "dry humped" by Ike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.